1098S to a 1200S multi?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by freshage, Apr 29, 2012.

1. In fairness Ducbird did say she liked the fat boy. You never heard that at school!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yup point taken....there's hope for us all then! :wink:

3. Sell the 1098.

Buy a 748 and add the older Multi to the shopping list and you have the best of both worlds.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sorry no no no 1098s is next to god so long as god sits down a notch

Regards Steve

5. You two are wicked
    Anyway nothing wrong with a fat boy
    :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Well I'm a skinny arse. Haha.

Going to view a 1200S tonight, hopefully the guy won't mind me having a cheeky test ride for 30 mins.

Oh, as for keeping the 1098S and getting a multi as well, oh god I wish I was that well off haha.

7. I doubt a stranger will let you take off on their £10k bike without having the full amount in cash in their hand before.

8. I can see all the Multi owners on here checking AndyW's location map to make sure it's not them!:biggrin:

9. I think that is a given!

10. He maybe leaving his 1098s

There are some people that let you test ride the person I took with me when I bought Dizzy was allowed to take her for a spin
    Granted she wasn't 10,000 ( priceless to me :). )

11. How would the seller know the 1098s is actually his?

I would never dream of asking a private seller to test ride a bike to see if i like it. Only reason for test riding one privately is to make sure the bike is mechanically sound, and id still expect to leave the cash in full in case a crash it or never return.

Why not go to a local dealer which has demo bikes for this exact purpose?

12. you don't need a mutley you need a streetfighter

13. I can offer some comparisons here, I've got an MTS and a sports bike (Ducati) they're chalk and cheese, I've even jumped straight off my multi onto a mates 1098 so he could see what all the fuss was about with the multi.

The 1098 is a brutal arrow sharp bike exactly as it should be, whereas the multi is soft bike comfy but can be hustled if needed, it isn't as planted or as stable as the 1098 as you can imagine.

But with the multi you can use it all day long, any weather and big miles all day every day.

I think if you jumped from the 1098 straight onto a multi you'd be disappointed with the test ride because your brain is calibrated to a sports bike, ride the multi for longer and the sense and usability become very clear.

14. 10 bags would get you a 999 and a KTM 950 SM

15. I read that as a Termignoni and a slipper clutch. Er... Isn't it?

16. Maybe what you need is a Diavel. I thought that was more fun than a Mutley. Have ridden both. You should deffo give one a whirl.

17. Having had sportsbikes for years, culminating in a GSXR1000 K5, I changed for a bmw1200GS, wanted to go further abroad rather than just the ring, had it for 3 years, got bored with it though, wanted all day comfort and performance, the Multi 1200 does that. Yer 1098 may be quick, look better, sound better etc but on a wet/bumpy/twisty road it aint any quicker. You will find you can keep up with your mates, often seeing them dissapear in your mirrors, and when you arrive at your destination your ready to do it again. Good luck with your search.

18. I'm not knocking the multi or any of it's riders. Not doubt it's a very capable bike and very practical.....but how many of you were actually riding a utility bike, or anything other than a sports bike at Freshage's age?

Even if you didn't ride a sports bike, it would have been the ride of your choice if you could.

Couriers not included!

No I thought not! :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Totally agree. I think you would soon be hankering after a sportsbike. i remember when I passed my test (38) I thought I wanted a VFR800 until the nice sales person told me "I didnt think you were that old!" The only reason I bought a Multi (and I love the bike) was because I was aching all over when I went any distance on my CBR1000RR.

on the other side, each to their own. there are plenty young adventure bike riders out there who would never consider a sportsbike.

There. Hope that helped :redface:

20. Dont know if this will help any but at the ripe old age of 40 I have recently returned to being a bikest after a long long lay off. So I am a true born again tosser that me and my mates used to take the piss out of years ago...........

After loads of bikes when I was in my twentys cbr6,blade r1,916, original MV etc etc

when I decided on a "comeback" lol it was only ever a ducati sportsbike that I wanted!!!

Used to be quick now I am slow but enjoy just having the thing in the garage. Sad but true.

Where am I going with this..........feck knows but at 24 you have got a whole lot of touring bikes to play with later.

Enjoy in good health whatever you choose.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information