1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199s Tricolore Or 1299s?????

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by tcrofty7, Apr 20, 2020.

1. It's looks lovely doesn't it? Hmmmm decisions decisions

2. Stick with the 1299 mate, go for an S best of every thing then.

3. I have an 1199s and a Tuono 1100 Factory... If you want an epic road bike with mid range in bucket fulls get a Tuono.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Not a fan of the v4 Aprilia's. I prefer the rsv1000

5. R is much more ££££ and also more expensive servicing....
    In my opinion is not fair to compare a race homologation special to a base (ish) model... going further is the 1199R better than a V4R? Hyphothetical question, it depends on how whe approach it based on- looks, lap time, road comfort and so on.
    For road use would definitely buy a semi active suspension and a low down torq engine over a rev hungry race special.
    Isn't the 1199R the first Ducati superbike that hasn't won any WSBK title? :cool::cool:

6. :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Dunno. The Pani R is 1198?;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. These options aren’t like for like comparisons.

All of these bikes are great - the decision is based on use case.

We would all have one of each and use them all if money wasn’t an issue.

I would love that 1198 S Corse SE - I think it’s my favourite bike for looks alone.

But if I had one I know I would rarely ride it. It would be a special occasion bike.

Of course the newer bikes are better dynamically, easier to ride, more reliable. They are more likely to lose value than an older rarer bike. But are you buying one to ride or sit under cover and polish occasionally as an investment?

Would you just use it on the road or would you take it on track?

Ask yourself these questions - that will help you narrow it down.

• Like Like x 2
  9. That’s not an R is it? 1198S Corse SE - one of my all time favourites

https://www.flickr.com/photos/killerblackbird/sets/72157624684726734/

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. A little late to the party, but welcome non the less.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I know of a very tidy rsvr for sale, look in the other bikes for sale section

12. I already have one. See #2

13. Cheers

14. Best noise ever

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. That looks terrifyingly dangerous to you and others. I would much rather be using 60% of its' performance on a track.

16. The more this topic rumbles on i think i'm begining to realise a few things about me which i may have not shared. This may clear up my indecision a bit :thinkingface: or it may not :D

I want to keep my RSV, it tooks me years to find that one (#2) and i don't really want to part with it. I have sold all my old bikes and some i wish i never did. It may be that i'm still in my mid life crisis, who knows :confused:

I have £14k budgeted for a new bike, ideally the Panigale 1299s, but i don't want what everyone else has i.e. a red one. I want something slightly different and here in lies my dilema.

To get what i want i would have to buy a 1299s and throw £7k at it (paint job, carbon parts and full exhaust). Budget blown. And, IMOA it wouldn't add to the re-sale value of the bike, it would still be 1299s with bits added to it.

I could sell my RSV and that would go some way to paying for the mods, but i would lose the second bike. My wife would say i don't need 2 bikes and i'd tend to agree with her, i would never ride them both, but i'm selfish so fuck her!!!

I've considered the slightly cheeper and lovely 1198s corse, i wouldn't need to do anything to it and i could keep both bikes, but honestly my heart is set on a Panigale 1299s.

There is one last option, i could sell the kids, part ex the rsv and get this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUCATI-1...rentrq:a0cdd2f51710ac3ec774effdffd73bf6|iid:1 Although it would be a dream come true to own one of these i'm not sure i could warrant having a £20k bike in the garage.

Someone please give me a :punch: in the :)

17. That V4 growl sound f***ing amazing

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Oh yeah :blush:

Save a bit more and get a panigale R:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Only one thing to do then - buy a Pani R (2015 onwards model) as most on here are doing / have done. Push your budget a bit and you should be able to get one.
    They won't go much lower in price after this year's uncertainty so everyone that comes up for sale put a few cheeky offers in. You might get a good low mile one for £18k if your patient.

Forget the rest and buy the best - it will not only be the best bike, but the most sensible financial decision of them all too - simples :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information