1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199s Tricolore Or 1299s?????

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by tcrofty7, Apr 20, 2020.

1. in your position i would have 2 options, buy the panni R as it has most of the the bits and pieces you will want to change or get an accident damaged 1299s and use the savings to make the mods you want to make etc..
    i went this route and picked up a damaged 1199s for the same (+/-) price as i sold my 996 for

• Like Like x 1
  2. What he said

3. See above. Get a 2nd Gen Panigale R. :upyeah:

It's more money but there's always a way. Keep it standard as it'll have everything you want and it'll be a pretty good investment. If you start by buying an S then spunking loads of money on paint and trinkets, be prepared to take a bath in the longer run.

Heck, you can even use a Pani R as an ornament. @Exige has one behind his sofa you know. :bucktooth:

• Like Like x 1
  4. :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. In your first post you say you are at the stage in life to own a Ducati. You also say you will do 1500 miles a year
    Have you thought about a proper Ducati 916sp/916sps/996/998R/999R
    And when it comes to selling you are likely to get your money back if not more

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. My anni would be a couple of k cheaper than that ,aporox1500 miles, plenty of extras and Ducati warranty until September,I even fitted new tyres for the sale, it’s at Jhp at the moment, it’s not the replica one they have for sale , not sure if it’s still on auto trader at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'd always have that worry that costs could escalate with a damaged repairable bike. On the face of it they look like a good cheap option, but unless you really know your shit then you could get into a world of pain. Same could be said about unknowingly buying a bag of shit that on the face of it looks great. Something to consider I suppose.

8. as long as its straight, and runs, the rest is down to how much money you want to throw at it...
    its what i did to make a track bike
    https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/1199s-buying-a-‘cat-in-a-bag’.63391/

• Like Like x 1
  9. This is my 1199s. It’s amazing. Haven’t ridden a 1299 though.
    upload_2020-4-27_9-47-22.jpeg upload_2020-4-27_9-47-22.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. So...............i made my mind up in then end and went for something that wasn't a Ducati (please don't shoot me). After a long time thinking about what i really wanted and considering how much i thought i loved the Ducati's made me realise that i don't love them as much as i thought. If i was rich then of course i would have one, i would have many of them, but i'm not and they don't float my boat as much now.

I decided to go for a V4, not the Ducati, but another Italian stalion, the Aprilia RSV4 1100 Factory. I know it's not Ducati, but it's Italian, so 50% there!!!

Here it is in all it's glory.......

20200526_165824.jpg

20200526_165845.jpg

20200526_170008.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  11. What a beauty, well done.
    Are those tyres road legal?

12. Sure are mate although I'm not sure how they'll perform in the wet o_O

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information