1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 1200 R V 1200s

Discussion in 'Monster' started by J biker, Oct 13, 2020.

1. With a bit of engineering ingenuity, shouldn’t be challenging to make a spacer for the reaction bar part of the steering damper set up. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gale force winds. Put it off to Saturday, got a good forecast. Dealer is around 3 hours away.

3. Three hours!
    No wonder you're waiting for good weather.

4. Been and seen. Turns out dealer selling for customer. Would not have ridden 2.5 hours if I had known. However, nice clean Monster R. With just over 5 thou miles
    Put an offer in. Waiting to hear.
    Gets full service on Thursday and already has new tyres.

So its wait and see.

• Like Like x 4
  5. What price were they asking for it?

6. 13000 euros. About right for here. They hold price well. Offered 12.
    No hurry for something that could be parked up for the next few months anyway ;)

7. The dealer will take his slice for selling no doubt so not so sure they will come down that much.
    Hope I'm wrong though.
    Good luck.

8. Up to them now. Made the offer, sit back and see what happens. Probably the right price for the Mosnter R but it has two owners, near mint but has some marks on the exhaust that need some elbow grease. Nothing major to really put me off as otherwise mint, but have to factor in another 2.5 hour trip to collect, assuming can finalise deal at distance. Prepared to up it a bit if they come back to me.
    So will sit tight and wait for them.
    Meanwhile, being realistic I have 4 months until the weather (hopefully) returns to naked biking! So time for other bikes to come on the market. Being very choosey would prefer the SCproject exhaust option. Not true Ducati I know but looks better to me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Btw, nice surprise with insurance, 290 euro. Not bad for a performance R version. No road tax or mot either. Makes up for the high prices here...a bit anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mine came with Termis otherwise I would have been really tempted by the Spark side mounted exhaust.Still am tempted to be honest.
    They also do an underseat version.

11. Plus 1 for the SC Project ,stunning pipes .

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 20180812_174616.jpg

190 tire, no problem.
    Quick-shifter: Annitori QS Pro. I have one.

#32 DarR, Oct 27, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. So, had no feedback from the offer I put in. Will give that one until next week and ring the dealer.
    Meanwhile another has come up. Dont think I will go for it as getting bad vibes, see picture, not sure what has happened but there should not be any damage in that area...do the Monster range suffer from the expanding tank problem like the Streetfighter range? No hurry, bathroom now half dismantled and weather a bit crap.o_O 00F45FBF-969F-4FDE-A0CC-94BC4E61A080.png

14. tank is steel? - I think the past problems with PA6 tanks were a factor in choosing this, as it'a massive pressing, pretty impressive. (npi)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tbh I cannot figure out the huge price variations here either. Either there are some underpriced dogs or overpriced pristine..but between 10 and 15 thou euros. Crazy.
    Its got me thinking that the prices are coming down and some people are not being realistic. Also, covid, there has to be less demand..

16. Why don’t you buy one in the UK ( much cheaper) and re-register it in France before December 31st. piece of cake. All you need is the log book, a CoC which Ducati will provide and Pay the French tax. Simples.

17. @Sam1199
    Checked the prices, does not justify the hassle.

looks like we are heading back in to lock down to. Not looked at details yet but makes me think (not getting pleasure from this) that this time around prices will come down.

and as a consequence even less of a hurry to buy something that will just be parked up.
    Going to crack on and finish the bathroom. Then take stock in a few weeks.

18. 18969829-BAC0-4A9F-974C-6951870C7EEA.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. "Also, covid, there has to be less demand.."

I bought a Triumph Speed Triple 1050RS in the spring from a local shop, they said they couldn't cope with demand. Two vans on the road every day between London & Edinburgh picking up & dropping off. Traded a 2009 Aprilia RSV1000R & got £4500 for a bike I paid £5500 for 8 years before.

I bought my Monster R in October 19, 2016 with 1204 miles for £10,500 from a Kawasaki dealer after 6 months of looking for the right one.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information