1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 1299 Superleggera

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by stevebu916, May 15, 2017.

1. Have to remember Advikaz that someone from Scotland ordered the 1st Superleggera, got #1, so decided he couldn't put that on the road and ordered another......✌

• Like Like x 1
  2. I saw four on the factory production line being built on Monday. :)

3. I want to be this guy, so does my girlfriend!

4. Niceeeee

• Like Like x 2
  5. Owned by a friendly dealer ;)

6. They say it's the last Panigale before the V4. Actually... [watch this space]

7. Just noticed the local dealer has taken delivery of a 1299SL. Might pop down there tomorrow and have a peek/drool.

8. I also saw them while I was there on Tuesday last week...

9. Another test from the Mugello press launch day.

10. There are forums for that ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Saw this at Sheffield this weekend. Work of art. :upyeah:

1299_sl2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. heres one:

IMG_0458.JPG

IMG_0459.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. IMG_0139.JPG IMG_0139.JPG IMG_0139.JPG
    What would you have done? You can't ride #1, can you? With 'collectables' doing price/value-wise, what they are doing these days, it's a sure fire investment. If you kept all the delivery packaging and the factory certification, it'll make a good auction item in the years to come. Better than money in the bank earning no interest!

• Like Like x 1
  14. both desmos.JPG
    Performance-wise, both SL1 and SL2 are quicker than the D16RR. All 3 are of course very fast bikes. The SLs are also both much easier to ride on the road than the D16RR, particularly in terms of maneuverability into a corner and changing position mid-corner. They are more 'flickable'. The SLs have all the electronic aids, the D16RR has none.

The differences between the SL1 and the SL2 are interesting. At first (and under 6k revs), the SL2 is a touch underwhelming in terms of power delivery if you have just got off an SL1. However, it is a 'plusher' and more 'compliant' ride, which belies it's potential. After 6k revs - it's 'hammer time'. No doubt at all where all the 220bhp is found with the race pipe fitted. It's mental.

All 3 bikes sit beside each other in my garage. I don't think one or another is better than the other. They are all different, each with their special characteristics and experiences. For example, the noise of the D16RR on full chat with the GP exhaust has to experienced. I ride them all and I love them all. Hopefully there will be an R or special version of the new V4 by 2019. I'd love to add that to my collection!

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  15. That's gotta be wilf ? Told us exactly the same about throttle, I also sat in his bike, ridiculously light and he tells me they sold 13 SL's !!

16. At risk of sounding like a know it all, it just sounds like it isn't setup for hard riding as Wilf doesn't intend to take it on track as far as I can see. The electronics help mask it and make it rideable. The R is the same when the rear isn't supporting the bike well and the electronics are off for whatever reason; it shakes it's head like a wild beast and is really dodgy to push hard. Once you have found the setup it calms it right down and it's much easier to ride hard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I saw this one too, it's sold now to some lucky sod. They've got 2 final editions in the showroom, both pre sold.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information