1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 1299 Superleggera

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Nervy, Jun 15, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My opinion.
    This is my dream bike. But I couldn’t bring myself to spend that kind of money with kids futures to look after.
    So. Unbiased.
    I think your price is fair. It probably will take a while to sell though given the current economy. You could drop it to £45k less £1 but even then it might take a while. So, I would stick where you are assuming you don’t need the cash right now.
    Good luck with selling to a buyer who will, like you, actually use it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Thanks Andy, that's really kind of you. I appreciate you taking the time.

3. Thank you mate. I really appreciate your opinion.

4. 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg s-l1600-62.jpg s-l1600-64.jpg s-l1600-65.jpg s-l1600-66.jpg s-l1600-67.jpg s-l1600-68.jpg s-l1600-69.jpg s-l1600-71.jpg s-l1600-72.jpg unnamed (2).jpg unnamed (3).jpg unnamed (4).jpg unnamed (5).jpg unnamed (6).jpg unnamed (7).jpg unnamed (8).jpg

• Like Like x 4
  5. Just for context, Ducati Norwich (Seastar Superbikes) have an unregistered one with 1 mile on the lock, a fiver under £60k.

https://www.seastarsuperbikes.co.uk/used-motorcycles/ducati/1299-superleggera-unregistered-8490/

Beautiful bike,GLWS.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thank you mate. That’s kind.

From what I can see, all the bikes that are for sale at c60k are the same bikes that were up for sale when I bought mine a couple of years ago. I’m trying to price mine to both reflect that lack of sales, and the fact that mine has been used as most people- confusingly- want to spend more money for a bike they can do less with. I’d rather have mine than a zero miler any day, but people differ, so I’m pricing mine to sell to the tiny subset of people who want to actually ride the best bike ever, rather than just stare at it. I strongly suspect it’ll either sell instantly or never sell. The idea that I’ve “ruined it” by using it (as someone mailed me to say earlier) is madness to me.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. These bikes are in the “do not ride” category. If you do, like yours even a tiny mileage, you have broken the whole concept.
    This lowers the price dramatically and in my mind unjustifiably, but it does create an opportunity to actually own one and use it, unlike all the others that will sit pointlessly in collections.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. I’m glad someone sees it as I do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Like Ferrari’s. Unless you’re outrageously wealthy, just to look at….

• Like Like x 1
  10. After a Desmo this is the next on the list, looks stunning and I hope you have luck with the sale.

I'm loving the cars more if I am honest, one end of the Porsche spectrum to the other, must be tough deciding what to take out on a sunny day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I had a 360 a long time ago, but I knew I would only have it for a year. I put 36,000 miles on it as I knew I couldn’t keep it forever. Ace thing.

What is it they say? Not using your car to keep the miles off it is like not fucking your missus to keep her nice for the next guy.

#31 Nervy, Jun 16, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Thanks mate. That’s really kind of you to say. I’m super lucky.

Shit hair, mind.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. You could be bald, old and fat and still be the luckiest guy with that choice ;)

Best V2 bike made. Ever. GLWS. I have a early 996.1 and a 1299 if you fancy a swap MR :p ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jokes on you: I’m ALL of those things, and less. See? Not so lucky now, am I?

Please don’t offer me any more bikes. You know how I get.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Well done you for using as it was intended. I'dve done the same. Money and value are not the be all and end all. Experiences and feelings trump those. Not many can say they ragged a 1299 SL.

I'm also a sucker for Porsches, but I'll never own one unless fortune favours me. An old air cooled Carrera is my dream car.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Modena, nice. My mate a silver one… He got rid as it attracted too many jealous knobheads…

17. Unfortunately the 964 and 993 cars hold their value very well. Coz they’re gawjus- as you’ve noticed…

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. @Nervy what a collection! And great that it has been used. I seen a well used 1199 SL at the I.O.M TT couple weeks ago and what a sight to see them on the road

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mine too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. The 964 was the car that got me into Porsches. Saw Mark Knopfler on the telly with one as a child and was smitten.

Flash forward 40 years and I finally got one. Terrible thing.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information