1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 1299 Superleggera

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Nervy, Jun 15, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You haven’t stuck it on eBay have you? :scream::scream::scream:

I once made that mistake with a high end(ish) bike… 90 wankers an hour… :astonished:

• Like Like x 2
  2. I have. Because it turns out I’m an idiot. Someone offered me 20k earlier because “that’s all they have”. I’m just off to Lamborghini then to Shakiras house to try the same line.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I have £21k cash waiting o_O

• Like Like x 1
  4. FINALLY an offer I can work with.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. Got even worse for me because I put my mobile number in the ad (remember when you were allowed to do that?). And by gum did I get some abuse from strangers!! :laughing:

6. I had one guy message me to ask if a jacket I was selling would fit his son.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Well, will it? I still need to know.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. no Idea, he didnt buy it and I ignored the stupid question.

Was a nice Dainese jacket with, importantly, 5 pockets and removable thermal lining.

• WTF WTF x 1
  9. I feel for you mate... BTW... I GAVE AWAY a Lazy-Spa on facebook the other day and you wouldn't believe how hard that was to just give away a £300 hot tub...

I had 70-75 messages, I had people who lived 30-40 miles away wanting it but wanting me to deliver it... I had Dying family members, I had people accusing me of being a scammer because I didn't respond within 10 mins and my favourite, was the woman who wanted it left out, which I did until I went to bed at 23:30. She messaged at 3:15AM, yes... 3:15AM and said she had 'just been by and it didn't appear to be left out for her'.... madness...

Anyway, I agree with other comments, I'd try to get it sold on commission through someone who the affluent are likely to frequent, like BikeShed or somewhere like that.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I thought of making you a offer. To my surprise, my wife wasn't against it. After some deliberation we decided against it. It falls sort of between to stools. It's not really a appreciating asset. At least not at this moment in time and it's a bit too much money for a toy.
    It's a lovely thing and I wish you a speedy sale.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I had the same issues with a R6 5EB recently that I had priced fairly, people assume your selling so must need the cash and will take anything you offer - I had a reply in my notes to say "thanks but not thanks" I could just copy and paste.

Not thats its relevant at the moment as I dont but If I had the cash spare I'd buy it, would do track days on it too as a bike like that should be enjoyed properly and ridden, so can only offer GLWS

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thank you buddy, that’s kind of you.

13. Thank you. My feeling is it doesn’t need to be appreciating to be appreciated. It’s price might not be going up, but that doesn’t mean it’s worth is going down. For me it’s worth is in moving.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Thank you mate, that’s kind.

15. Not sure where you are based, but you could try Churches near dunsfold. They have a couple of Superleggera in there at the moment and work on Sale or return (commission). They just sold me a bike... well I haven't got it yet, but you know what I mean.

• Like Like x 1
  16. They’re lovely. I nearly bought an SL from there before I bought mine. They still have it for sale.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yeah Glenn is the chap I'm dealing with, (nick is there too, but Glenn is the bike guy)

18. I can’t remember who I spoke to, but he was smashing. But given that they’ve not sold the ones they had two years plus ago, I’m not sure mine would fair (fare?) any better there.

I called Sheffield a couple of times and spoke to them about mine, but they didn’t back as arranged so I’m guessing it’s not for them. That’s cool. It’ll go. It’s amazing.

19. Ace post, made me chuckle Best wishes, Phil.

20. Thank you buddy. That’s kind of you to say so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information