1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299s, 800miles In!

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by BIG ZOOK, Jul 7, 2024.

1. A small plastic sleeve that fits over the tangs on the throttle tube to remove any excess play.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. 5 out of 10 times you ride it. It will feel like this, especially if you compare it to others. But the other 5 when it clicks, it will be amazing, my 899 on the good days makes me feel way more alive and in the moment than any bike I’ve ever ridden.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I'm not a sports bike bloke TBH but rode both the 1299 and 959 back-to-back at Silverstone a few years ago. The 1299 was hilariously bat-shit everywhere and that was on track. The 959 on the other hand was great and I could see that as an eminently usable sports bike for the road. Just my relatively 'inexperienced in this field' observation.

#23 Bumpkin, Oct 1, 2024
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ill second that

although only an 899 rider, many many times ive asked myself whats the point and why am i doing this, i was out the other day and all the boys where on triumph tigers and scramblers, i was not having fun, throttle choppy, engine bogging,cack covered lanes, i was riding along shaking my head.

however i left them and fcked off on my own, did some motorway and A roads and once up in the rev range, getting that burble and noise it all makes sense and thats what i have to remind myself of, especially in the winter

when on form they are the fckin bollox

off it they are vile

#24 southlondonCBR, Oct 1, 2024
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. If you bought a 1299 as a runaround, esp in urban areas, then forget it. Its a pain in the ass. You will get hot nadgers, sore wrists and a back ache. It needs the open road. 30mph = 2nd gear tickover.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I’d agree with that. My 899 is a chore to ride but when it catches you in the right mood it’s just lovely, around town horrible but ride it like a 2 stroke and it comes together perfectly. My Japanese bikes have much more refined controls and feel smoother but everything has it time and place.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Right, I have my new mirror but the plastic on the main body is not a smooth finish unlike the orig. Now the original mirror head is undamaged and I would like to dismantle the mirror and fit the old head on the new stem.However I have not found a decent link as a guide,without resorting to a hammer. Any help would be appreciated.

8. I know they are slightly different design to the 899/1199 mirrors but those ones are held together with a rivet, so you can’t separate them without destroying them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cheers.

10. 100% do this mod!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information