1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

133.8mph While At The Dealers?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Horico, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Yeh,me too.

2. It was interesting to see others points of view, my own was that it was completely taking the piss, regardless of whether 'it happens all the time' etc.

I was pretty angry when I found out but leaving it a while helped when it came to speaking to the dealer. We had a good talk about it but to summarise, it was naughty and it shouldn't have happened. Obviously he was apologetic and asked for a couple of days to speak to the member of staff and decide what he wanted to do about it. I didn't ask for anything when speaking to him but did think that just saying 'sorry mate' wasn't quite right.

I got a call back a couple of days later (at least he kept his word!!) and he thanked me for telling him. He told me he disciplined the staff member and offered me a voucher off whatever I liked as we agreed I wouldn't be back for servicing as they aren't my closest dealer by a long way and the service prior was pretty poor before the test ride.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Evoarrow promoting my cables and you (actually) advertising my belts :Finger:

4. Shal we have a vote on it...?

• Love You Love You x 1
  5. Thanks for responding. It's always interesting to learn how these things pan out.

6. As long as youre happy with the outcome.

7. For everyone who thinks that technician is in the wrong for doing 133 on a test ride on a customers bike

Do this mean that none of you have broken the speed limit on a dealers demo?

So long as no damage is done to the bike (133 is hardly thrashing an 1199) I don't she the problem??

And I wouldn't go home after my bike had been in and check the tracker log, seems abit ott to me

8. after my bike has been in for service i check everything again, if that meant i had a tracker i'd check that too. a customers bike is a personal possession and should be treated as such. i'd have expected the mechanic to have lost his job or at least got a final written warning. the service cost should be refunded in full and the customer be given a generous voucher to spend in the store. yes, i do work in the motor industry as a mechanic/technician

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. If the mechanic offers to let me ride his personal property at 133.8mph on the public roads, I may take him up on that.
    However, I still wouldn't expect him to do the same on mine without my expressed permission.

10. Who was the dealer then?

If they have agreed they were in the wrong, then there should be no issue naming them.

11. Don't want to sound harsh, its a mechanical piece of metal and plastic, not your wife, mistress or daughter

Tbh I really dont get how any of this is an issue, and 'an apology wasnt enough' 'I didnt want anything' arent excatly the same now, are they.

Compo inbound and a bloke gets a reall bollocking and could have lost his job

12. it's a lump of metal and plastic that i work damn hard for. if the mechanic wants to ride one he should buy his own not go for a jolly on mine. to be honest i'd have probably lumped the twat.

if you want to be so blase about it then it's no different from somebody letting themselves into your house and staying there whilst you're away on holiday, after all, being lived in is what a house is designed for and ffs it's only bricks and mortar.

13. Nothing like it. Your house is your home, whether owned, mortgaged, rented or council, doesnt matter, is full of memories and objects personal to you. Its not a soon to be sold toy.

If anything more like a caravan that you let freinds use. Would you care if they worked their way thru the karma sutra in the loo?

14. No using your argument your house is just a collection of objects. Your memories and feelings are only inside your head so how could you possibly have an emotional attachment to a physical item. Let's face it, in years to come it's only going to be time team that gives a shit.

I AM attached to my bikes and cars just as I am my home, you may not be, but that's your call.

15. Would anyone apply the same logic if the bike in question was my Desmosedici? Would the mechanic have even done it if it were my Desmosedici? I seriously doubt it. Seems to me that if it would be wrong to do it on my Desmosedici then it would be wrong to do it on the OP's bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. You're bike name dropping again [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1

17. So being a tech have you ever gone in excess of the speed limit on test drives ?

18. If it was on your Desmo I'd want to know why it was stuck in 3rd gear :Woot:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Surely its just a question of having a little respect for somebody elses property.Sorry for calling you Shirley.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Although I can see how some might be upset, personally I would not have given a fu**

#100 matt75racing, Jul 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information