1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

133.8mph While At The Dealers?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Horico, Jun 8, 2016.

1. House , daughter , bike , Rolex watch

If you give it to a professional to look after ....

2. And the definition of a professional is ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I was mechanic for 14 years along time ago and mainly worked on triumphs ,I'd do a 12,000 service which meant pretty much stripping the whole bike ,fork oil, grease head stock bearings ,shims,balance throttle bodies ,swing arm out and grease the bearings ,strip rear drag links and grease the bearings and most times 2 tyres and chain and sprockets ...sometimes strip the calipers and clean behind the dust seal which meant popping the pistons out...so once all back together which i got down to 7 hours i'd take it on a 15 mile journey and on the last home straight i'd open it up as fast as it would go .. and not once did i ever think anyone would mind ,i saw it as their life is in my hands and after the massive service the bike had just had if anything was going to go wrong it was going to go wrong on me .. :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. best reply yet

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Dave nope, I still wouldnt see it an issue, the same as I wouldnt a 200k ferrari

6. Not sure there's a few experts on here we could ask :)

7. At the risk of setting myself up as an expert, how about "just another asshole trying to pay the mortgage" ?

8. Would'nt? :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Bang on the money this post, like the way you pointed out at the end of a 15 mile ride you gave it some, the only problem I see if these speeds were reached within the first couple of miles on a cold engine then I would not be happy.

10. I'm beginning to waver here and I'm starting to see the benefits of having a mechanic ride like a loon to test your bike for you after he services it.

Colour me surprised - my first reaction (and second, and third) was disgust at the diabolical liberty being taken here. It's beginning to make sense now.

Well done, thread contributors :upyeah:

11. colour you surprised.seen that phrase used recently hmm
    kicking the shit out of them was always a requirement at the end of a service back in the day.
    i had a lot of fun on the coast roads servicing somebody car.
    being city cars it always made a massive difference to the way they performed after. dwell, timing, tappets extended shit kicking then adjust C.O. mm mm, tickety boo.
    shame the service manager couldn't think on his feet and resolve this at the outset.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Being new on here, I hope you dont mind me making a comment?
    Reading every single comment it's easy to see there are many views. Some are OK with it whilst some would be seriously annoyed if it happened to their bike.
    So no ones right and no ones wrong. But the variation in feelings would suggest that a dealer/mechanic should get permission before acting in the they way they did. Then the ones who dont give a shit can say help yourself mate and the ones that wouldnt be happy can say no dont even consider it.
    Its the doing it without having permission thats wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. And I wonder how many would give that permission, feel free to rag my bike while you test it after the service, mmm :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I'd have called the police, My last service I asked the mechanic to take it out for a ride to see how the bike felt to him, he did and all was well, he again took it for a test ride after the belts, brakes and throttle bodies were all done.

Why then would I call the police if a garage had done as the op's first post? The difference is, my mechanic thought there maybe a need for a test ride so informed me in advance, that is what proper mechanics, dealers do.

If you have a garage that thinks they can rag the tits out of your bike, possibly getting a big bill after they they break something, or a speeding ticket they caused and never asked or informed a test ride maybe needed, then they are not the type of garage my bike or money will go to.

15. I didnt say which camp I'd be in but just for the record, I would allow them to ride my bike if absolutely necessary but I'd tell them to take it easy.

16. 'It won't rev over 6k' 'it has a funny clicking noise over 70' 'what about the high speed wobble? Wasn't there when I brought it in!'

All things you will hear people complaining about after some work at a dealer. Personally, I'm happy for them to test ride after a service. :)

17. Test ride? Clever ;)

18. is doing 138 on a Panigale ragging it,,, i am not going to buy one now. i think my 749 will do that, tho never been there.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Yes, he was in 3rd :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mmm:grinning: ,, def buy one now :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information