1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

133.8mph While At The Dealers?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Horico, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Not sure what rev's 138mph equates to in 6th, but that's perhaps not exactly nailing it.
    That could just be a quick squirt of throttle onto a dual carriageway or a long straight.
    I understand the OP might be a bit miffed, but just take it somewhere else next time. Anyone saying they'd call the police is way OTT. After all, it's a very powerful sports bike and that's what they're designed to do, no

2. Yeah, by the owner, not by some grease monkey who thinks it's a freebie

3. Its about 7,500 rpm, rev limiter varies by temperature but orange/red zone is around 10500-11000. Running it in limit is around 100mph in top for the first 350miles then around 130 to 1500miles. The manual also recommends keeping below 8000 rpm (140mph) below 40c engine temp. The one I drove would hit 135 in a heartbeat, 1st time over 130 was a slight twist of the wrist in 5th from 90 and passed 130 like it did not exist, revealing how ridiculously easy it was to lose my license.

Expect substantially more worrying revs and speeds if you ever take you bike for a dyno run or worse have it properly mapped.

Time for the OP to move on I feel

• Like Like x 1
  4. £70 ph grease technician I think you'll find ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Mixed views. Mine is simply this. Whatever your reason for riding a bike we all know can comfortably achieve speeds of 133mph, it is ultimately NOT their property with which to do so. If a shakedown test were required I would at the very least expect to be informed of their intentions first, not just make the assumption you are happy for them to do with it as they please. Ownership of an asset gives you the unprecedented right to stipulate how others are to treat it. If the dealer cannot grasp that concept, then I would be looking to take my custom elsewhere.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Just checking this phot from when I last took the bike to the dealer for some work. I can see that not everyone would appreciate the mechanic doing it but 130mph on a Panigale is so far from 'ragging it' that it's not even worth discussing. The bike will happily cruise at that speed for hours on end without even getting warm. Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 01.20.13.png

• Like Like x 3
  7. Wow! So your dealer takes it to 180mph then whips his camera out and takes a photo! Lol!;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. So, people are happy for the mechanic to go for a 23mile run on your bikes -after- they call you to say your bike is ready for collection? Interesting.

Had a local dealer put 100km on my wife's Golf at its first service. We suspect they let someone use it as a demo. They wouldn't admit it. We never went back.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. He did

On 25th June!

It was the experts and wafflers who perpetuated it:mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. That's what the $tealers charge, not what the grease monkeys get paid ;)

11. Surely it's not the potential damage to the engine? Its a huge risk in writing the bike and rider off. I know you've all done a zillion miles per hour on the road near you. But I'm a bit old fashioned in believing those kind of speeds are not safe on public roads. Even the best motorcylist ever to have lived got taken out by an errant lorry drive.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 130 on a Pani is hardly thrashing.

Different story if you had received a NIP

Get over it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. agree :upyeah: not aimed at you but...

It's a talking point on a Forum, get over the fact that this is a Forum for talking, opinions, pulling peoples legs and bullshit FFS :Bucktooth: <---- that's a menk (like Chiz)

:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. What gear did you say he was in? :smileys:

15. I heard that it was third gear and the mechanic had it up on the back wheel at the time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Out of order IMO. Capable of it or not. Its an expensive bike and 133 is probs 140 indicated. serious damage to paintwork with stone chips at high speed. Should be the sole right of the owner to inflict damage to the bike. Bet they didnt check in detail afterwards..
    My MTS had a very large stone chip on the front that happened at an indicated 130 ( private road in Scotland.), I would go apeshit with them.

17. Not only that, I heard that he'd done numerous stoppies and left a doughnut on the forecourt!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I remember someone saying to me 'can you try my 848, it doesn't seem to want to turn' and a misunderstanding about that meaning slow or fast. So went fast, to be safe ;)

19. You guys never hear of an Italian tune up?
    It's a Italian bike So! When in Rome!
    Usually associated with 2strokes to burn carbon,mebay the apprentice got confused ?

20. Ok, ok, ok,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm on board and fully aligned with the enduring nature of the thread

In fact, with immediate effect, I shall adopt a different approach, , , , , , I shall be awarding points to the correspondent who can lay claim to the most outraged and legalistic-style reply which sounds like it was written by someone who knows a thing or two about such matters

I'm wearing my Judge John Deed outfit and have a copy of "Motoring Law for Dummies" open ready,,,,,,,,,,,,and I'm not afraid to use it:Troll::Bookworm:

Have to dash, I'm heading to the "300kph stack" thread and have in mind a long and detailed series of novel thoughts on the dangers of travelling at such speed on a busy highway, and how colliding with steel and concrete at such velocity can put a chap at increased risk. ;):upyeah::rolleyes: it's full of innovative thinking and I think it will add a new dimension to the discussion

• Thanks Thanks x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information