1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

14 tooth front sprocket?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Garret, Aug 25, 2013.

1. my understanding is that chain pitch it the gap between links and don't hold me to this but a smaller pitch is meant to be better. Chain size just depends how many links you need and i got lucky when i ordered mine as they only had a 102 chain i think 1098s and the like run 98 but because i went up 4 teeth on the back i dropped 1 link and it was perfect length. with sprockets

+ teeth on the back = better acceleration and lower top speed then the exact opposite on the front

2. While at the dealers today buying the filters and stuff for an oil change, decided to order a DP 14 T front sprocket. Not bad for £18. I was just wondering if it's ok to use the existing locking tab or whether it's best to buy a new one? I think I read somewhere, maybe on here, that the std ones are a bit flimsy so people changed them...

3. This might be a daft question - what manufacturer of sprocket do I buy to fit the standard chain and rear? As in with a Renthal fit?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information