1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1991 900 Ss Restoration (slow)

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by wolfram, Jun 12, 2015.

1. £70 and no postage. A new speedo is about £125 from Ducati (not sure if they have any in stock though). I only used the trip reset cable. Still have the clocks and surround. I may sell them on - or keep them for another project.

2. #262 wolfram, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  3. Not as much as you would imagine!

4. Does it now mean you have a spare trip reset cable and knob?

If so, you can use it to make a remote throttle stop adjuster......got one on mine which I knocked up from one of the cables.

5. The trip reset cable is rusted solid

6. Well, I had my old carbs stripped, US cleaned, and a complete new set of innards from Ducati installed... Then I saw these on ebay...

[​IMG]

Just arrived from Italy - brand spanking new![​IMG]

[​IMG]

will be a big improvement...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#266 wolfram, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Just soak it in something suitable............there isn't an inner and outer.....just a plastic sleeve,,,,,,,the knob will free itself eventually so it can turn in the threaded boss......

P1010142a.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nice pics - don't tell me you did those with a phone camera...

9. Samsung Galaxy S6 + Edge

• Like Like x 2
  10. Amazing - couldn't do better with my (old) Canon 40D DSLR. Bloody new technology...

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I can second that, I have s6 edge, great camera.

Whats that electrical lug on the side of the carbs?

12. i was wondering that

13. Did the last in the series have a heater circuit for cold starting?

#273 Borgo Panigale, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  14. That's another EU piece of legislation; insisting that all NICEIC contractors carry out full Earth Bonding of all metal parts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Aah, didnt think it was a heater circuit as it looks like is got the oil heater bowls on it

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I think there was an electric heated version of that carb fitted to the much later bikes. I seem to remember someone have them on a late monster. Something to do with them realising that the oil fed heater wasn't very effective.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Done a bit more digging and it appears that the electrically heated carbs were fitted to very late Monster 750. Can't find any reference to them being fitted to other models.

My 91 900 ss has oil heated carbs. They weren't fitted as standard and the previous owner told me they were retro fitted by Ducati due to him complaining about icing

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Fine bikes like ours shouldnt go out in anything other than nice warm weather

• Like Like x 2
  19. OK - put the clock on, having resprayed the black bezels
    [​IMG]
    ...and connected up the front subframe wiring harness.[​IMG]

I created a new cable to link the front sub-frame earth back to the main frame earth point directly (the black wire with the blue connector).
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. This is amazing!

I just received my new carbies last thursday. And it looks like we have been shopping on the same e.bay shop!!

IMG_20160402_191703[1].jpg

Good to follow your post.

I was also wondering what those little nipples were for.

Does it worth to plug them to any earth connection on the frame?

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information