1st Ducati, 1st 748 - Now Stolen Cheltenham

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by DarrenB, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Bloody hell Darren. That is grim.
    I am secretary of a Motorcycle Club in the Cotswolds and have quite a few contacts, I will put the word out..

2. Thank you, i am just glad i got to own one for a whole two days, and the fact i fully insured it yesterday

• Like Like x 1
  3. Madness. It makes me so angry that scummy thieves get away with this shit.

4. yep, me too, tracker going on next one, i already have a Clifford dual zone microwave on its way for the one just nicked

5. Cheer up its not all bad news as they say, if I were you I'd go to your local police station, there cant be that many colour blind bike thieves in the area, either that or it was stolen in total darkness. You do hear of stolen property being left nearby when the thief realises the sentimental value of the item, this time they may just 'not want a yellow one'.:):)

On a serious note, thats real shit news after such a short ownership.

#46 Drinky, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Questions going through my suspicious mind.
    (1) Who would know where the bike was kept?
    (2) Who did you buy it from?
    (3) He could have had spare keys?

7. total pisser mate. been there to many times.

8. Reported it at 7:30 this morning, problem is i don't have a garage, left on road but covered and i sleep in the downstairs bedroom with a very noisy window right next to it, normally hear everything.. just Saturday the car was forced open, i caught the guy doing it.. I have had a bike out there for the last year no probs, but i always pop a microwave sensor rigged up to a meta alarm, with a spare zone hitting a piezzo buzzer, the moment someone goes within 3 feet of the bike it would buzz, and trip the alarm at a foot.

9. Sorry to hear Darren, Thank goodness you wacked the Insurance in in time.

10. What you know motorcycle thieves, what sort of motorcycle club are you the secretary of?

11. Bad news. Sorry to hear it. Did you declare the alarm as being fitted to the insurance company, because if it wasn't actually fitted at the time of the theft then you will probably not be covered.

12. No, i never trust this road i live down, so told the truth, not had the microwave even delivered yet, bought it yesterday morning... I should be covered ok

13. i'm just keeping it in my mind that it was meant to be, I will either get a nicer one, or a 998/996 etc or maybe i was just not meant to be riding this week.. not religious though..

14. Darren, I'm afraid that there are pictures of your bike on Cotswold biker nights Facebook page, it's in the St Paul's area of town

15. I just registered to say the same thing, its by the chapel. I am a fellow ducati owner and saw your bike on there too. The scum looked like they torched it.

#56 micro-monkey, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  16. I wasn't going to mention that...

17. I don't know thieves but I do Know a lot of traders and Jumblers and thats where the bike will go.

18. Fucking Tossers, I'd torch them :mad:

19. thanks guys, i have just joined the page, but cant see anything until approved.. i want to go see it asap

Do Not Sell My Personal Information