1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st time track day

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Bugz Ducati, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Hello Bugz, I've just done my first trackday at Brands indy a couple of weeks ago and was quite suprised, definatley an eye opener for me.
    I've got my ACU license for hillclimbs and am fairly fast now as I've won my class for the last two years (mainly because there's not much competition :redface:) . I had too take my bike to Luigi Moto to be remapped so thought I'd get a trackday in as it was always something I'd promised myself and the Brands one was the only one to fit in with my ferry schedule.
    I had no idea which group to book into, the novice one said "for those new to trackdays" ,that was certainly me as it was to be my first, although maybe a bit slow,but I figured the fast group was probably a bit ambitious and maybe worryingly fast ! Gulp.
    So I settled for inters. Brilliant is the only thing to describe it, after three siteing laps behind the instructors we were allowed to set our own pace, I suprised myself by being faster than most of em and could have survived at the back of the fast group. After doing all of my fast road riding up the hill on my own I was grinning like fook riding behind other bikes and picking when to overtake.
    Just be careful though because if your anything like me you will give it full gas and could quite easily come a cropper, which I did after passing two or three bikes on the outside,after a few times I ended up thinking I could do it too easily and ran off track into the gravel which soon stopped my bike and had me head planting my helmet into the gravel , sratch one visor :mad:,luckily I had a spare, and thankfully no damage to the bike, I still cant get over how dusty that gravel is, it's filthy.
    Talking of things I couldn't believe --- fuel--- flippen hang it was drinking a tank a session although my bike was still geared for the hill with 14t on the front and 41t rear I was shocked,we run a litre at a time to keep weight down and theres me using about 4 G's in one day.:tongue:
    Anyway I'm coming back as i loved it.
    The organisation was great,the other trackdayers were good (I was probably the idiot passing all and sundry) but I was aching for a week afterwards not having riden a bike for 6mths and mine for 8.
    Do and enjoy and I'd love to do a Ducati one with you peeps.

2. As said a full tank and a jerry can will be plenty, there's a garage at the circuit or a BP within 3 miles.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information