1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 2006 St3 For Sale. Low Miles. Fsh. See Photos

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by SurreyST3Owner, May 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I did eventually cave in to pack mentality "how much is it"..."not interested without a price type attitude" from obervers, noy buyers.

They weren't interested in the bike. They want some sort of control over how me or others dare to advertise our own bikes I imagine. No idea why?

You're spot on, interest has waned in double quick time now I've priced it.

I wasn't after all the haggling without the price being on it, I was gonna keep it simple and say I'll take £3250 ovno hoping those interested would be genuine enough to spot a genuine well priced ST3 and call me up. Not on here.

I got one call from someone in Cheshire who sounded interested via here, and that's been it to date. It will find a good home I'm sure.

I have now put it on eBay classified for my sins, and if that doesn't work, I will look at alternatives.

I've bought another bike and don't want two bikes in my life, that's all.

Yes, I've been in sales and marketing (recruitment consultancy) for some years, so not in this space. I like getting the job done properly and treating others how I'd want to be treated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. You realise my comments were tongue in cheek don't you? I hope so as otherwise it all sounds a bit silly doesn't it.

However I'll play along ....

If the post is at the top of the bikes for sale section then yes it would gain more attention than if it was say on the 2nd page or further back. You realise that every time someone replies it makes it appear back at the top and also in the new forum posts bit?

I agree I see it as an advert from a forum member offering a bike for sale. You need to be a forum member to post for sale adverts. However anyone can view them so it's open to anyone with the Internet and who chooses to browse our delightful forum.

I usually find that people who are hesitant to price things stray away from auto trader or McN. As you pay to advertise and if you put an advert with £offers you get zero calls.

On a closing note .... If people just simply put a price in the advert to begin with it stops all us silly idiots who have no intention of buying it pointing out it needs a price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. And bearing in mind it's been on eBay priced up at £3250 for a few days anyway I believe then it would of just been easier to as Beyoncé says "put a price on it" or something like that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. As the seller of the ST3, I can advise that it went on eBay yesterday (Sunday), not a few days ago, for the record. It was priced on eBay in alignment with the price on here, and like I had said, if there was no genuine interest from on here, it would go on commercial sites. I am as good as my word. All I got was hassle from here for daring to want to market my bike my way. Lesson learned on here anyway.

I understand Beyonce sang "Put a ring on it"

TBH, I put a price on it on here to stop what felt like pack / siege mentality from users of this site.

Once I've acquired my next Ducati soon, when the day comes to sell it, it won't be going on here. Price or no price.

Thankfully, the chap who's Ducati I'm acquiring is one of the nicest people I've had the pleasure of dealing with. If only marketing my ST3 could have been like that on here from the word go...???

BTW, he's taking my ST3, so consider my ST3 sold.

#24 SurreyST3Owner, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
  5. Thread closed as OP has had a hissy fit for having to follow the forum guidelines :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information