1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 2013-present Multi Wanted

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Xtourer1200, Dec 28, 2015.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. If I send you a pm will you get it?

2. Sorry about the last one....when we meet I'll explain why your pm got missed...I delete them by the thousand!:Banghead:

3. This actually is Jenson Button's "Pit Bike" and it still hs the F1 pit bike sticker on the screen. The reason I know is that i saw it at Baines Racing Silverstone a few years ago and took some pics. He's probably just used it the last few races at Silverstone. So the mileage is most likely genuine.
    I would love to buy it but it's a lot of money for a bike that will still have a number of warranty issues to be resolved - but now it's well outside of warranty. Great for a private collector though.

4. I'm also still looking...cash available for the right machine.

[​IMG]

5. Hatton Garden - How did you squeeze through that hole?

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Ah, I know someone in his staff

7. I went to have a look at this last weekend. Its in great condition. Has a scuff on the left hand side of the tank on the white decal, but thats all I could see wrong with it. Bloke said they woukd negotiate if anyone was interested in it. Nice looking bike. How much would you say it was worth for that age ?

8. I emailed them about that bike asking about recall work etc. because there's been quite a lot since 2011! They didn't bother answering so I either asked questions they didn't want to answer or they're just sloppy. Either way, I haven't pursued it any further....

9. All he told me was that it had its first service, no mention of any recalls and I never thought to ask him either. He wasn't the owner and probably didnt know that sort of detail. He never bothered to find out for me either.

10. Yeah, that's the thing. It may have had it's first service (600 miles) but at 5 years old it's due for it's Belt service, even though the mileage hasn't hit. Also, it's out of warranty and there's the recall for the Fork leg bottom, handsfree unit, starter switch, coolant change, brake fluid change, Clocks, etc.
    If all that hasn't been done, I don't fancy anyone's chances of getting it done for free now by your local friendly Ducati dealer. And the total cost would be huge!

11. Well that's certainly put me off enquiring any further :0

• Like Like x 1
  12. Well, y'know, maybe it's all been done. As the twit never answered me, we'll never know though will we!? :)

13. I'm not that old!

• Like Like x 1
  14. :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah: A/C great news you are ´back-in-the-game´, but steady on those iffy pins, you need plenty of TLC and I believe you know a nurse who can help out....
    But then, that was before you went and bought another sodding Ducati!! What are you like?????:Stop::Finger:

15. OK...I've got two (2) Pikes Peak now....no longer looking...unless it's a single spark (Pikes Peak only), ultra low mileage and a give away price.

16. I suppose single spark, Pikes Peak, ultra low mileage, giveaway price WITH all recall work done huh? (See posts above)

17. I went to see it last week, fabulous looking bike. It had 3 service stamps, the last one being in Dec 15, no paperwork regarding the recalls.

I mentioned the recalls and belt service and they looked pretty blank. The sales assistant called his boss and they offered to do the belts themselves. I said it needed to go to a Ducati dealer to get them done and more importantly the recall work done. They weren't interested in doing that. I asked for a price without any work carried out by them, they offered me £100 off. Looks like a bit of a money pit.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information