1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Lincolnshire Ride Out's And Meets

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Ben Mallinson, Feb 4, 2017.

1. What's wrong with your bike...

2. Front brake has started binding intermittently since changing the leavers which I suspect is due to the master cylinder push rods being incorrect length with th new leavers now fitted.

I've never liked the push rods and barrels that have been on the bike since I bought it to be honest (replacements for the OEM items when the previous owner fitted the short leavers that were on it) and was on the list of bits I wanted to do anyway... Just coincides that it appears that I'm being forced to change them now due to the intermittent issue since changing the leavers... Push rods turned out to be a bit of a PITA to find as individual items but I pretty sure I've nailed it with the ones I've ordered (should be delivered today/tomorrow all being well)

Also the master cylinder rubber boots have seen better days which has always been on the to do list but up until this point I had failed to find the rubber boots being sold on there own. Ducati don't list them as a spare part and only able to get them through Ducati if I purchased a new master cylinder... That was never going to happen! It turns out, KTM list these as a spares item so have managed to source some that way...

And then just a couple of other little bits of tinkering bits with small bits I want to improve, tidying rear wiring harness etc...

Hoping the push rods and boots will be ready for me to get all the bits done on Wednesday :)

#322 Ben Mallinson, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  3. Were you and Greencat up at the woods yesterday? Stopped in for a cuppa but was on the GS not an Italian.

4. You seemed to be getting the hang of the Multi OK when I followed you back from Goodmanham ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Not me I'm afraid, stuck in the middle of the North Sea until tomorrow afternoon.

Chris may have been though, he rides a lovely White pani with red wheels and exhaust wrapped for heat management.

6. Yeah, I was wondering who was that behind me... Thought id better not hang about, then again you could of took over me if I was too slow... And they diverted the traffic off the 63, not done that bit of road but always wonder where it join to, on the Beverley road...

7. Yes that was a bit of a long diversion. A bit wet & greasy too.

8. Hi Ben,
    @Ben Mallinson
    I'm up for a ride over to East Halton this evening. Should be free to meet anytime after 6, if that works for you. Happy to meet in Brigg.
    Hope things have gone well with the bike this morning?
    Hope some others are out too. Would be good to say hello.
    Cheers,
    Chris

• Like Like x 1
  9. @Rebel

Are you coming tonight?

@greencat sent you a message on whatsapp ;)

10. Me and SWMBO are meeting Chris at the BP station in Brigg @ 6pm and riding over to East Halton from there. If anyone else is out and fancies joining us, all are welcome.

@Rebel seen your post on the Barton thread. Not sure what time we're there till but will see you there if you make it before we depart :)

If not, El T and bettes are coming over for a run out on Saturday if your free and fancy it. Meeting at Scunthorpe Tesco's around 9.30-9.45 providing @bettes can keep pace with @El Toro on the scrambler :joy::joy::joy:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. Thought it was abit odd, posting your post on the Barton bike night post and not here that why i replied there...

12. @Rebel

Haha, no problem mate... Went tonight but we headed off about 7.30 as it was fairly quiet and starting to cloud over.

Do you fancy this ride out on Saturday morning?

13. Had a great ride out with Mrs M and @greencat tonight, blown the cobwebs away after being away for a couple of weeks :)

Great seeing you and having a good catch over a few cuppa's Chris! Mrs M says she really likes following you whilst were out and she's learnt quite a lot by doing so. The kids absolutely loved oggling over your bike to!

Hope you found your way back from ours ok and you had a safe ride back. I'll be in touch before the end of the week to confirm plans for Saturday :upyeah:

14. I came, did a mans look, drove off turned around and then came in the carpark and had a proper look, as you said it was pretty dead...headed home... Didnt think id get get off in time for workwise it was pretty manic qt work...#

I saw the meeting point and times... is that the big Tesco yond side of Scunny ? (M181 side)...

15. Yeah we had a ride up there and looked quiet, so enjoyed the sunny evening. Lovely ride actually, don't think we breached 65mph all night, just chilled and had a smooth ride.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yes, thats the one Nathan. Shall we see you there?

I'll let you know if anything changes before friday ;)

17. First time we've been to east halton, it's different! Nice roads to and from though :) thought there would be more out there with it being nice. A disappointing turn out though...

18. Should be, i'll give the green one a run...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Good news mate, looking forward to it :)

Bring which ever you like mate, it'll be a fairly steady pace.

20. Hi,
    Thanks for the cuppa and the chat. Enjoyed the ride over to any from bike night. East Halton was new to me. Couldn't get the film Deliverance out of my mind. They even had a banjo (electric guitar) player at the venue. Actually he was quite good.
    Got home after a bit of a tour around the local back roads. Need to get to know those roads.
    Well, never thought of Helen as a stalker! :eek: Maybe better not to follow too close. Thought she didn't like my overtaking manoeuvres? :confounded:
    Great to meet the family. The kids were great.
    See you again on Saturday.
    Cheers,
    Chris

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information