1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT 2018 Multistrada

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Wayne58, Apr 9, 2017.

1. a bit underwhelmed, but the devil could be in the detail, we will see. Only thing that got the blood flowing was the panigale v4 special at the end.

2. I do like those wheels

3. Think the PP looks fantastic but way out my price range

4. Wow huge changes to the frame
    48mm longer swing arm
    Rake out from 24 deg to 25
    Trail from 106mm out to 111mm
    Wheelbase from 1530 out to 1585 (55 increase)
    Clearly this is now a more touring intended design than sports now, will definitely be better two up but must be a noticeably slower handling bike now
    It's a shame really as I was looking forward to upgrading to the 1260 but now will give it a miss

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I wonder if that is also to protect it from wheelies more with all that extra torque low down?

6. Yup, bit underwhelmed here too. It was always just going to be a minor facelift, but its a shame many of the tech improvements discussed have not materialised.

The Frame changes are probably due to the weave some people experience on the current model at speed with panniers (more so when solo).
    I dont think the extra rake will make a huge difference (odd as I thought the original 1200 was 25 degrees, maybe they changed to 24 degress for the latest dvt ?)
    The extra length in the swinging arm might make it less wheelie prone (bit of a dampener :p )

I was pretty much set on ordering a new one, but need to think on it now, as the colour choices do nothing for me. Will be interesting to see what sort of deals can be had on any new 2017 bikes now...

Question to those in the know: does the pikes peak ohlins setup have semi active forks / rear damper like the 2010-12 bikes, or are these manual adjust only ?

7. I'll be making an informed decision once I know ALL the specs, updates and pricing.......

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Manual only on the 17 bikes, and as they did not mention electronic Ohlins for the 18, am guessing still manual

9. Hmm, might keep hold of mine after all ?? Don't appear to be much going on with the new one Rob ? :thinkingface:

10. Have they announced prices yet ??

11. I agree buddy.....shame I let mine go.....TBH.....think I'm gonna go Orange!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. The grey frames, the increase in wheelbase, they look near the same and some even get less power if you don't buy the "S" ?? Don't think I'm gonna be rushing down to the dealer anytime soon. Been waiting for this before deciding on next bike, and think the decision is now fairly easy..:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  13. PP is manual Ohlins.....

14. I've been searching this morning Wayne but cannot see anything regarding pricing....

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Most disappointing again for me is the little things, or they have not mentioned TPMS, Lockable Cradle for Sat Nav etc. a Decent prepared system that is dealer fitted.
    Hill Hold is it right that it automatically releases after 9 secs? Self Cancelling indicators, why would you want an indicator to be set for up to 2000 metres to cancel?
    At least they have added QS, but looks like that is an option.
    Be interesting to see the packages as option on offer, maybe something in there.
    They just seem to be one step behind again on some requirements.
    But knowing to fully kit is gonna be north of 20k I bet, do not see it on the horizon atm.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Yes the up and down QS and the midrange torque look appealing...but i'd like to have seen the new dash and if it indeed has integrated nav etc....

• Like Like x 1
  17. I mite be tempted by yours @Wayne58 .....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information