1200 DVT 2018 Multistrada

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Wayne58, Apr 9, 2017.

1. No, but they've made it as long as a bus, so your's is now a classic sports Multistrada !! :cool::upyeah:

2. Thanks for that i feel great now i have 2 classic bikes. Ones a 1994 gixer 750.

3. Hmm, that's pushing it a bit mate ? :eek::D

4. Mmm maybe so. Is it 25 years old for a classic. If so i,m 2 years out but will probably take me that long to finish it, the way i,m performing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Having looked at the new 1260 at the NEC I was underwhelmed. My 1200 is only 7 months old so I wouldn’t change it yet anyway, but unless you’re a proper geek you couldn’t tell them apart. I imagine the new motor will be great, a better road tune. But “New” it wasn’t really. I’m looking forward to someone test riding and comparing them. Anyone booked a ride yet?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I doubt the suave and stylish Italian designer had Steviegtr’s mate in mind when he designed the bike! I hate to say it but he makes it look like a Honda Deauville I seriously hope the reality is better!

7. Just got back from NEC. Looked at the 2018 Multi. If I had to sum it up in a word I’d go for a bit “girlie”.
    They’ve managed to round off the bikes aggressive stance and looks. They’ve seemingly lowered the front end on the forks and the fairing. I’d say a female version of the male one I have now. It’s longer, lower and more curvy. Not too struck on the real life colours on show either. The PP was nice but no skyhook is not worth the additional cost.
    The engine is really going to have to work to sell this bike upgrade imo.
    I went back to it three times after beer to see if beer goggles added to the attraction to no avail. It’s not by any means an ugly bike but it has nothing of the don’t mess with me looks of it’s former self. I will test ride but I’m not rushing off to dealer tomorrow.
    On the whole most of the bikes on show are al losing their individuality and most are similbar adventure type bikes. Sports tourers have just about fallen away. Maybe that’s why Ducati are veering slightly away from that adventure upright dual purpose stance?

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Likewise. I have now seen the 1260 at the NEC, was underwhelmed, and my 1200 is also 7 months old and far from due for a change. I want to test ride the new version once Snells have a demonstrator available (may be in a couple of months?). New bike looks hardly any different, the changes seem to be subtle. As usual, the Pikes Peak version is an obvious rip-off, lower spec and some white stripes for thousands of extra ££ - designed specially for the "more money than sense" market.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Looked at it yesterday, and like Light Buzzyear I went back to it more than once. Had high expectations of improvement and quite frankly was disappointed. Disaster of a test ride three years ago tempted me to try the MV Turismo which was just a curiosity, this all changed when I rode one. The 1260 might have tempted me back but no, decision all but made to stick with the MV. Test ride requested all the same, you never know...

10. Been back today and after the shock of yesterday the bike looked better today. In reality and in comparison to other bikes it’s ok. Against its former self it’s lost some rugged appeal I think.
    Other bikes I liked were
    ZZR1400 old fave.
    KTM 1290 Super Adventure nice info screen
    Tiger Explorer in white
    Yamaha FJR 1300 in grey (best looking bike in the show imo)

11. That KTm had an awesome screen.

12. That KTm had an awesome screen.

13. 2nd that, it’s the best dash i’ve seen so far. But the switchgear was only average. I quite like the BMW scroll wheel. This is the first year I’ve felt that KTM had a true all round great product. One to watch for the future.

14. And Light Buzzyear is actually stevie wonder ?? ray charles ?? Andrea bocelli ??

15. Just out of interest, I often see members saying it was between the ktm and multi. can I ask, did anyone look at the new style Caponord and if so what was their thoughts?

16. Great bike, a bit too top heavy, and no where near in the same league at the whole speed thing. KTM, however have pissed loads off today from what I hear ? Dropped 5.5k off the GT to 10500, and loads off the Adventure jobby, so if you bought a GT in 2016-2017......Gutted !!! Does not inspire brand confidence when they do shit like that. So if your going to or have just bought a new KTM, used values maybe a little less than you think ??

17. I looked in the showroom but felt it looked a bit cheap. In fact the styling wasn’t my taste at all. Shame as I was brought up listing after RS125s/250s and the original Mille and Tuono. Bring vertically challenged the KTM 1290 is too tall for me. But being a kid of the 916 generation (did my CBT the month the 916 was launched), Ducati is my dream.

18. Where did you see the ktm gt price drop? Hillside are still showing it as 15,999

19. My mate was at Fowlers today, said they have all dropped to 10499, 10999 with panniers, that is gonna fuck off loads of dealers and private sellers alike.....

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ktm dealers occasionally get a bulk purchase offer to draw off the remaining European stocks of the previous model.

It's not always that way but on model changes it happens. Therefore they'll be a couple of dealers kicking out a few bikes at really decent rates and when they've gone they've gone.

It doesn't always impact the used market because those purchased at the lower rate tend to be kept a while so in reality the 2nd hand market doesn't drop too far

Good example is that we all know dealers offer a shit px deal, even more so when they have to trade it out to another dealer meaning it passes two pairs of hands. Well just before I left to go on holiday I was offered a px against my Superduke for only £1200 less than I paid for it.

I was just curious but the results are not exactly bad, and that's due to the deal I got being few and far between in the grand scheme of things

Now imagine the losses you'll incur on full price ducati after 1 year and 2 months, it'll be far more than that

Do Not Sell My Personal Information