1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT 2018 Multistrada

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Wayne58, Apr 9, 2017.

1. PS, not convinced oil only has 25 years left either, new massive wells keep popping up all over, nearly like they hold back the quantity to keep the prices high...... Hmm :thinkingface:??

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. That's right Wayne. Those Saudi oilfields can knock out a barrel of oil for a dollar. Somewhere like the North Sea costs around $40 or more (I'm guessing a bit as I've been out the industry for years), and shale oil is somewhere in between. OPEC love to manipulate the price but they no longer have an effective monopoly but it's in no producer's interests to drop the price too far. They all need the cash, including us. Supply may have plateaued, but there's still a lot of oil about, and if the price is high enough they know here to find more. Shale oil has huge potential.

3. Still in it, and as far as I'm aware, we ain't short of whole crude....:upyeah:

4. We only need oil to lubricate. It' been invented to run a engine on water by splitting h2 from O oil company specifically BP bought that patent back in the 80,s & sit on it.

5. Regardless of how many years are left oil is a limited resource and it does pollute the environment. Electricity CAN be produced without pollution.

I love my petrol engined machines but most road miles are done through necessity rather than choice. I'd be quite happy with an electric car as its only used for commuting and travelling to and from places.

6. And how is that electricity produced Duke ? Oil and coal fired power stations.

7. So we expand & build more airports. Oh yes of course we need electric airoplanes

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. See post 400 Duke... Hydrogen fuel cells :upyeah:

9. Got it oil seed rape powered steam engines.

10. Yes but it can be produced pollution free via wind farms, tides, hydroelectric and solar panels. If only the Countries of the world were sensible enough to sit down and work together for the benefit of all, hey?

11. Ignorance is Bliss :)
    It takes 30 minutes to drop the battery shelf, 10 secs to replace any cells, and 30 mins to put back on a Tesla S, it will take around 45 mins to charge to 80% on some of the cars out in next few years.
    They all ready have cars that more than 5 year old on over 150k miles and the battery packs are at around 93% Plus and when the batteries do get to a point where they are not worth keeping in a car, they have a 2nd use in the tesla power walls where it is not so critical for 100% charge.
    They give warranty for 7 years on batteries, and some manufactures 8 years unlimited milage.
    whats really interesting he is half way to building a battery to hold:-
    Tesla won a bid in July to build a 129 megawatt hour (MWh) battery and the state is counting on it to be ready by the start of the southern summer in December when electricity demand begins to peak.
    Tesla chief executive Elon Musk, currently visiting South Australia for a space conference, vowed to install it within 100 days of signing a grid connection agreement or give it to the state for free.
    “Construction at the site is already well underway,” South Australia Energy Minister Tom Koutsantonis told Reuters. “The batteries are on track to be operational by December 1.”

That will power around 30k homes, and make wind turbines far more of a use to store the energy.

So not so sure batters are doing to bad now days.

@Wayne58 gonna be close who wins the race biggest stumbling block on Hydrogen Fuel Cells is the installation costs of garages, the amount you can store, (hence Range, Lithium Battery technology going to be overtaking soon) and transport of Hydrogen, as for Hydrogen batteries cells to early to say.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. I do like the new wheels on the 2018 DVT (just keeping it on topic) :p

• Like Like x 3
  13. Scotland 2016: 54% renewable, 35% nuclear, rest gas. This year so far, Scotland has been a net exporter of energy, thanks to yet more coming online. Welcome to the new world...

14. Hamsters. I forgot the hamsters: thousands of the little buggers, all whirring away on their treadmills…

15. & you ride a Ducati because.

16. …I spend the rest of my time wafting around in a smug cloud of environmental self-righteousness, knowing that I’m setting a fine example to the rest of society for social responsibility. The dino-juice I use in my Ducatis is relatively minor in comparison, so I’m still ahead of the game. The decat and full Termi is incidental…

17. Ha ha the last bit I have in common with you. The 1st bit will sort it's sen aat

18. I agree with this entirely. Furthermore I believe the whole green energy religion is a scam.
    The energy it takes to build your average wind turbine / solar panel cannot be reproduced by the turbines/panels in there normal life span. Now consider also the waste product of the manufacturing and disposal of the units (particularly the solar panels) and the fact that most of these products come out of China which has some of the most "dirtiest" power stations in the world.
    The whole situation is a joke, a very very small percentage of the world are getting extremely rich at the cost of the average person (notice your electricity bills over the last ten years) and yet people sit back and admire the wind turbines and think they are saving the planet of co2
    Don't get me wrong I do hope one day green energy will be cost effective and indeed green, but today its all about money definitely not the environment

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Wind turbines have become a lot more cost effective in the last few years, with better ways to store the energy so it can be drawn off when required helps.
    Tesla Roof Tiles are the way forward, cheaper to produce than normal roof tiles, and as they are tiles they are the roof with a 30 year life span.
    Batteries are changing fast, they are finding ways to use parts of the worn out batteries again, and recycling them, again as for tesla car batteries they are being re used in there power panels, so possibilities that these batteries are having a 20 yr life span.
    You have to start somewhere and everything new has it's down sides at first, and I agree there was some just out to line their pockets, but for Tesla and Musk I actually think he is trying to help and give the everyday person something in time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. We need to have a pint and discuss this more....

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information