1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT 2018 Multistrada

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Wayne58, Apr 9, 2017.

1. I,ll look out for it & any signs of a V4.

2. More storage space under the seat, please.

3. 20K buy time you added the extras you need.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. My Wants:- too late now though.

More comfortable seat, same seat height.
    QS.
    Tyre Pressure monitors.
    Decent perma Sat Nav mounting, lockable.
    Self Cancelling indicators that actually cancel.
    Lighter in weight.
    Make the main desmo service longer period, even after 16k no adjustment.
    Take away some of the off road ability, and add more on road ability, if people want a duo bike then get the Enduro, or offer options that can reduce the weight for more road use like light weight wheels, Battery, etc. where you do not intend to use off road.
    More torque low/mid range, do something with the sudden roll off when slowing down below 3k revs.
    Better quality, looking, Side Stand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Effectively a whole new bike then Madproff :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Who rides a Multi below 3k ?? They just love to be revved, and I find the harder you ride it, the better it gets, I honestly don't think mine often sees below 3k revs, except when coming to a halt ?

7. More low end torque
    Lighter weight
    Bags open and close without key
    Built in rear rack
    Real self cancelling signals
    Move cat to muffler so it can be deleted with just muffler replacement

8. Agree with the exhaust, but not with a lock free pannier, what if you go to a place and wanna leave your lid etc in the bike ??

9. It should be able to open and close no key. But lock with key. (BMW).

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Hooligan:cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I am talking just about coming to a halt, or slowing down to almost stop etc. it is like putting bike into neutral.

I would not really call it a whole new bike, but the now with the Enduro there is a space to make the Multi slightly more road orientated in my opinion.
    Agree with built in rear rack monotype to shed more weight.

12. I am talking just about coming to a halt, or slowing down to almost stop etc. it is like putting bike into neutral.

I would not really call it a whole new bike, but the now with the Enduro there is a space to make the Multi slightly more road orientated in my opinion.
    Agree with built in rear rack monotype to shed more weight.
    My standard keyless petrol cap makes life far easier, (oh on that is on my GS :) they could add that as part of a package

13. PeterT was only saying how much engine breaking the multi has last week compared to his Blade.

For me it’s simply finish. It needs to be better. Having cleaned mine at the weekend, a week after use, it is terrible to think it’s a 6k bike, 2yrs old and been wet maybe a dozen times and ridden with salt covered roads maybe twice and always rinsed off. The heads and studs, the exhaust and even the ali belly pan are beyond recovery. And it’s all been acf’d from new.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. @bradders it has shit loads of engine breaking, far better than my GS, but I refer to below 3k it suddenly rolls off like you put bike into neutral. I have no doubt it is a DVT thing

I am running it in again now engine rebuilt, not used oil so far, but not ran it on a motorway for more than like 10 miles
    I agree it needs a little better finish in general for weather protection, though after 15k and it was actually washed correctly (thank you Mr. Snell) it was surprising good, I must say though I pretty well spray everywhere with WD 40 quite often especially after I wash it all over it gets into everywhere with snow foam that is very high in concentrate of Wax.

15. Is that not the Slipper clutch working as designed?

16. No the slipper clutch is set at quite a high torque so if you bang it down a gear at high revs it does not lock the back wheel. It,s a kind of software issue, much worse with the termi upmap. It,s like a throttle butterfly is opened slightly at around 2750rpm & the engine braking just stops which can be annoying at times. Going down tight twisty bends & relying on the engine to keep at a low speed & the thing just rolls away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Anyhow back to 2018 apparently the next Gen DVT MS has a tad more Torque between 3k and 6k revs :)

18. Doesn't look like it has changed much visually if this is the bike. Slight side panel restyle and different wheels.

[​IMG]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information