1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 2023 My V4r

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Chillo, Dec 5, 2022.

Tags:
  1. There was no official price at the point that deposits were lodged with the dealerships.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ah. Ok, thanks for clarifying. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. I would be if i didn't spend all my money on motorbikes and cars! :joy:

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. That’s interesting. I think it’s the deposit paid bit here that’s the clincher. You effectively enter a contract at that price. When you buy a car nowadays dealers won’t take a deposit from you until there’s a build slot nailed on. Not bought a new bike since 2018 and I can’t remember how it went. I’d imagine it’s similar.

5. High end car dealers have for years being takin deposits ahead or launch as expressions of interest, those are then converted to formal deposits once the vehicle is launched, happens with Porsche, Ferrari etc, if you don't convert to an order you get the funds back, they just place you closer to the front of the queue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I know. I’ve had this with Porsche myself. I wanted a GT3 (don’t laugh) but it didn’t work out… surprise, surprise.
    I more recently expressed an interest in an A45 AMG but Mercedes wouldn’t take a deposit until a build slot was available and told me prices would almost certainly be rising in the new year. Mrs says it’s too boy racer anyway so I’ve sacked it… I can see where she’s coming from :D

7. Prepare for a price rise in spring from Ducati and then a second later in the season. Audi at work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Should have spoke to @Dave think he’s just chopped one for that Maserati thing ;)

9. I think that was a 997. I was after a 991.2. But I’m over the GT thang now. I wouldn’t bother even I won the lottery… (which I never do:laughing:)

#30 Fairy Cringe, Dec 10, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. I have a feeling the launch was delayed while they got agreement to a higher price from FIM - it was released on the same day that FIM announced the maximum price limit had been increased if I remember correctly.

11. confirmed my spec yesterday to beat the 6% price rise in the new year

• Like Like x 4
  12. Nice one Si, looking forward to the next Ducati day and a few early sund

Nice one Si, looking forward to the next Ducati day and a few early sunday morning, steady away ride-outs :);)

13. Definitely mate! can't wait to get back out there in the spring! Steady away and all that! :innocent::D

14. I have 1 ordered as well. Akra underseat, clear race screen, DP carbon hugger, evotech rad/oil cooler guards, metal DP clutch cover, STM alternator cover & Thyssenkrupp carbon wheels to be fitted.

Ordered 3/4 days after launch but no real idea of delivery date & not too fussed as i'll not get to use it to around May time

• Like Like x 2
  15. I’ve been running TK carbon wheels on my 899 hybrid for a year. Very happy with them. Enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Are they manufacturing TK Carbonwheels again now then? I tried to obtain some c 6 months ago for the 959 only to told there were none in stock until a new production run in 2023.

17. Good to hear, thanks for that.
    Took me about a month to decide which carbon wheels I was going for so hoping I made the correct decision. They seem well made & I think I got them at a decent price

18. I’ll be interested to see what you think about them. Considering different wheels for my bike for track so I can save the originals.

19. I’ll report in when all it together & I’ve a few miles on it but I can’t see them making much difference on the road, can’t see me tracking it to risk that financial loss & the tracks where I’m from don’t reward you for that risk. Like you I’m trying to save the originals, dunno why though as they’re nothing special & I actually think they look better than any carbon wheel, I guess I just want to try them out.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information