V4 2023 My V4r

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Chillo, Dec 5, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Doesn’t it come with normal forged aluminium wheels? Not that big a deal I would have thought? If I was getting the new V4R then I’d just use it as it is and not worry about the wheels, unless it’s just a bit of bling for the road (which is fine).

I’ve got the SP2 so replacing those wheels if damaged would be quite expensive and I really want to use it on track. If I don’t use it on track then I’m not sure I see the point in having it. It is pretty though. :joy:

I think carbon wheels do make a difference that you can feel even on the road. I was astonished with how easily the bike turns and it feels like a far smaller bike. From what I can gather it’s not just the reduction in weight but that most of the weight reduction is away from the hub.

If I can stay with carbon but make replacement cost a few thousand less than the wheels I have then great, otherwise I’ll probably go for mags.

• Like Like x 2
  2. yip, 100% it comes with forged (corrected) wheels, but for all you get for them selling on I’d prefer just to preserve them for refitting when I ‘decommission’ it. I’m no rich guy so I’ve pushed the boat out a bit for this one, I’ll do a few miles every year then throw a blanket over it - so to speak. I did nearly go SP2 but to me the R is a bit more special & I’ve always wanted a bike to keep, so unless 2026 produces something affordable & special (& we know those 2 words don’t go into a Ducati sentence) I’ll be keeping it.

Good to know on the difference Carbon wheels make, I really felt little or no difference going from base wheels to forged but you’re bang on, it’s about the weight distribution on the wheel, most of the weight on a carbon wheel is at the hub. I’d have bought the SP/SL wheels only for the cost, they’re a work of art & part of the reason I didn’t go for BST rapidtec 10’s, the 10’s just look like a poor copy, the TK’s were next best for weight & inertia, I hope they’re pretty too as they’re just bling for the road (with some kinda function)
    It’s weird, I spent a good few years on tracks & not roads but I’ve only 2 tracks to choose from in Northern Ireland - that gets boring. Now I’ve ordered the best track bike I’ll ever own & wont be tracking it - I think! Lol (Portimao is a dream track experience for me)

If you’re going for TK’s give Brett a call at Road & Race Performance Shropshire & tell him I sent ya, great place to deal with

#42 750steve, Dec 28, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2022
  3. I’m in Prague now, otherwise I’d take the recommendation. Interesting that you felt no difference going from standard to magnesium.

Specification on the website says forged aluminium wheels as standard for the V4R - not magnesium. Is the Ducati website wrong?

I was set on chopping in the SP2 for the V4R but found myself underwhelmed by it and so I decided to stick with the SP2.

The TK look great on the videos I’ve seen but I’ve yet to see them in the flesh. The SL wheels on the SP2 look great and I love them (and I want to keep them looking great).

It would be a shame if you never track it.

4. Apologies, I’ve been getting my. Forged & mag mixed up!

that’s what I get for relaxing over the holidays!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. My 899 hybrid with TK wheels. mpg improves too:p

FFAA5F43-CFE9-46A1-AE46-AE1350466DC5.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Are they v4 ones?

7. They are an 899 front & 1199 rear; as it’s an 1199 rear arm. I believe the rear will fit 11/1299 & V4’s as the hub is the same. Although TK won’t confirm when asked. TK sold their complete carbon division of 100 staff to Action Composites a while ago.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I had a look and their site only lists V4 SF

9. You're literally a ferry away from one of the greatest motorcycle spectacles of the world and you wont be taking it there?

10. Oh it’ll 100% be there & ridden as well as I can when I’m there, that’ll probably be this year if I can do it.

11. Plenty going on in their own neck of the woods as well

12. And Anglesey race circuit or is that where you meant?;)

13. My son has one on order!
    Delivery date is Sept I think!
    Dealer put in order as soon as he was able too!
    My sons a serial ducati buyer having raced them at BSB!
    His V4SP2 is at the dealers for a couple of months now Akra exhaust, extra carbon bits, rear sets, levers, double bubble tinted screen and rim tape all added and due to be in his garage shortly!

14. Going well until you mentioned rim tape :joy:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Clearly not a fan lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Looks like some of the first bikes landing with customers on the continent in the last few days!
    Anyone got dates confirmed when they are expecting theirs?
    I’m currently last week of April

17. My friend is getting his tomorrow :)

• Like Like x 3
  18. Which dealer?
    I’ve noticed the bikes are numbered which I wasn’t expecting.

19. Ducati Manchester

• Like Like x 1
  20. Good to hear they are landing in the uk now too! :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information