1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 2023 My V4r

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Chillo, Dec 5, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Mid April I’ve been told!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Well mine has arrived, unfortunately no race kit yet!

Been on order 9 months and not due until June! They apparently they are on back order at a lot of places!

3. Nice! My mate just got his. The bling thang has started :D

5257A90E-95B2-49DC-B878-B762B02FDBB1.jpeg

9F8BBAFF-9F9A-4099-9864-B18FFC15ED1D.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Race kit ? Just the fairing ? Andy

5. The akra wheel barrow full system exhaust and I’m assuming lower fairings

6. Ah, okay. Just saw Moto Rapido have a race fairing on their eBay page. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  7. Curious to see what price being charged for the stand alone system when Ducati configurator is saying £7.4K!and if there are differences between the system on s and r models.

8. Just checked the configurator and that exhaust fits all 2022 & 2023 models. £7.4k is astonishing. Have you thought to talk to MR to see if they have an ex race system for sale ? Every time I pop in, I see ex race parts taking up floor space in the parts department. Andy

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. yeah that price is frankly taking the P!
    If it’s the same system as what goes on the s I’ve seen them selling for a LOT less than £7.4K!

10. Did you manage to source the akros Chillo? I’m Having the same problem!

11. How much is the oil for these? I believe it’s been specifically developed for this bike and this bike only.

12. Probably £60 a half litre knowing Ducati :p

13. Shell Advance 4T Ultra, 15W50 in all V4 engines across the Ducati range. Andy

14. Ducati is introducing the Ducati Corse Oil, a special oil developed by Shell in collaborationwith Ducati Corse.

From Ducati:
    • The new performance oil is based on the use of racing-type additives. In combination with the racing exhaust the maximum power output of the Panigale V4 R can reach an extraordinary 240.5 hp.
    • The new performance oil guarantees a 10% reduction in mechanical friction, resulting in a 3.5 hp increase in maximum power, which rises to +4.5 hp at the limiter.
    • The Shell oil uses racing-type additives, specific for high-rpm engines equipped with a dry clutch, such as the new Panigale V4 R. Just as in MotoGP and WorldSBK engines, a dry clutch allows the use of additives that causetransmission problems in a traditional oil-bath clutch. These chemical elements are added to the base oil in dedicated quantities and percentages to ensure the right balancebetween performance and engine protection.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yeah think I’m sorted.
    They are not easy to get hold of at the moment though!

• Like Like x 1
  16. @duke63, in my defence, all the Owner’s manuals I looked at to find an answer to your question, first refer to Ultra 15W50, then to Ducati Shell which I’d never heard of. Pretty sure now, I remember a conversation about a ‘special’ oil for the race team that increased horse power but I didn’t twig that it would eventually be recommended for the road bikes. The V4R is hardly a bike that needs more horse power for the road :scream: :joy: Andy

17. Would it be beneficial for any V4 with a dry clutch?

18. I really would like to be able to give you an answer but I have too little knowledge and IMO, there are too many variables. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  19. Manchester??

20. Right, my Honda Monkey is getting THAT, at the next service.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information