1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 2023 My V4r

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Chillo, Dec 5, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Probably not. I suppose you could argue it could extend oil life and therefore service intervals on a road bike. But I doubt Ducati would agree. I think it would probably be a waste of money unless you need that extra 22bhp :)

2. I wondered if it would be of benefit to the engine itself rather than just performance, perhaps in terms of longevity. Like many Panigale get to be high mileage... :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. A dry clutch offers ease of maintenance, reduces fluid drag, cleaner oil and better heat management. Apparently. The downside is longevity. I think all MotoGP bikes use them, which is enough pub ammo for me :D:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. @spooky, this oil is not currently available through my local main dealer and the workshop know very little about it. They are anticipating it will be for track use only and will need changing after every track day. If this oil is the same/similar to the current race oil which is very thin, IMO, it will not be suitable for road use. Andy

5. Makes sense. Not something anyone going to Starbucks on it should want then!

6. You forgot the sound! ;)

I didn't find heat to be an issue at all on my V4. For my first ride out this year I wore bike jeans... F&%$ me does your arse and left leg get hot on this bugger!!!! :joy: I think the Akrapovic exhaust map from Ducati turns off cylinder deactivation, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

It's nice to see the V4Rs starting to appear but I'm glad I kept the SP2 and didn't 'upgrade'.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mind if I ask where you ended up getting the system from? And did you manage to make a saving compared to the OEM configurator list price?

8. This makes sense though, have you read the manual for the V4R for track use generally, the Pistons are rated as needing replacing at something silly like 2000 miles........! No wonder they are now trying to get people using special oil as well

9. Has the V4R Track Use/Racing service schedule changed now, I heard that it dosn't rev out to 16k unless in 6th gear, so less stress on the engine ??

Reason is to just clarify, when we do 8 x 20min trackday sessions per day, say in the advanced/fast group, and mostly near the rev limiter on the straights in each gear, including between corners etc - is that classified as racing and meaning you HAVE to follow the Ducati RACE service schedule ???

10. :astonished:

11. I thought it was worse than that. I remember reading through the maintenance schedule on a race prepped V4R and thinking ‘surely not’ :astonished:

12. A friend of mine has sold his v4r after having the parts changed as mentioned above. 2k track miles only, and is pretty handy. Guess if you don't do the preventative maintenance and it goes bang then you will have no come back

13. It's fairly standard across all superbikes these days; Aprilia has been doing it for years with inbuilt counters within the ECU that help the dealer to highlight when specific maintenance is needed. Valves, springs, and cams are nearly all consumables from Aprilia Racing's perspective.

I understand Ducati are also just about to publish a race maintenance schedule for the 1103's which has a fairly high degree of preventative maintenance expected too.

14. D3B8E742-5571-45D7-8ADD-8AA0329E711D.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Exactly what i was thinking of ..

What determines race use ??
    Most fast trackday riders ride at a hard pace and cover more mileage etc

16. good question, the Aprilia detects track use and just adapts the service schedule accordingly, I assume to shorten oil changes etc. got to ask yourself if it’s worth the hassle if you are a regular fast group track rider

17. so today is my delivery day at last! :)
    v4r gen2 6.jpeg
    v4r gen2 3.jpeg
    v4r gen2 5.jpeg

What a bit of kit! Looks stunning, sounds nuts and lots of nice details! The clutch is tiny! you can see the space around in the engine casing!

• Like Like x 11
  18. Beautiful bike. Congratulations.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Very where did you get exhaust from in the end?

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information