1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Paris Olympics

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Red899, Jul 23, 2024.

1. First medal for GB in the women’s diving.

Peaty through to the semis tonight in the 100m breast stroke.

Doing a lot of flicking between channels lol.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Men’s TT road cycling at 3:30pm
    No pogacar but should be a corker all the same.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The women’s race was brutal one rider crashed three times on the greasy roads.
    Silver for Henderson was a brilliant effort.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. She used to play hockey with one of my daughters. Very good player. Apparently she was going to be a skier and took up cycling as part of her post skiing injury rehab.

• Like Like x 4
  5. One of those annoying good at everything folk by the sound of it. They were saying she has a better chance in the road race later in the week too.

6. On a similar note I only found out Remco was en ex footballer at this years TdF (played for anderlecht psv and the Belgian national youth team).
    Currently 7 seconds up on WVA.
    What a joy this event is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. She is a lovely person I hear. Good on her. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tarling two seconds off WvA with a bike change lol. Chapeau my mate.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I was cheering for Remco more than tarling at one point so good to see, love the kid. He gets a lot of shit publicity 99% of it totally unwarranted (the Belgian press appears to be similar to ours who’d have thought).

Tarling is the future too so a decent outcome I think.
    Ganna’s save from the barriers :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rugby sevens is like having five a side footy on a fulll sized pitch with rush goalys.

11. Final is going to be epic. You should go to the Middlesex Sevens mate. Great day out (or it used to be. When at Twickenham. This year at Grasshoppers RFC). Or. Hong Kong sevens if you’re flush.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gold it is for France Sevens!!! :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. Watched the swimming last night. Looking forward to the track and field stuff… :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Got a mate who lives in Honkers always trying to drag me out there. Maybe one day :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tom Pidcock wins GOLD at the mountain biking.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mens gymnastics isnt normally my bag but at my age, you have to respect anyone who can do the pommel horse without putting their back out.
    GB leading the mens team event over CN and JP.

17. Adam Burgess about to win a medal in the canoes (which look to be carbon!).

18. Good old Eurosport :joy:

IMG_8694.jpeg

IMG_8695.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  19. This is the magic of Teahupoo… :cool:
    85BE918A-4982-49AB-A4B0-180C555CFEDD.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information