2024 Paris Olympics

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Red899, Jul 23, 2024.

1. I didnt realise they were holding it on the other side of the world, that's why i mentioned it was the wrong time of year for surfing (on what i thought was going to be the atlantic coast of France).
    Looks like a great time has been had by all.

2. Bit of a mockery tho.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Needs must I guess, at least it’s technically French.
    Where would we host a surf comp in August? Newquay will be like trying to surf a canal this time of year.

4. IMG_7509.jpeg

Perhaps they would have done better if the targets were silhouettes of school children

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Oof, brutal (but true)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. The fellas on the rings in the gymnastics, imagine how many muscles and ligaments you’d tear just “giving it a go”.

7. Australia, may be? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Has to come out every four years I’m sorry but not sorry

IMG_8714.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Maybe just don’t have it as it’s not a sport never mind an Olympic one ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Where GB? I watched a guy break Olympic record with 48/50 in shotgun the other night and win gold

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Surfing, not a sport? :astonished:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. GB gold in the men’s triathlon and bronze in the women’s :party: despite the issues about swimming in the Seine.

Let’s hope they avoid getting sick after their swim, as happened in the Windsor triathlon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c3gg3nd4j19o

• Like Like x 1
  13. The women’s rowing was epic, gold by a gnats ballbag.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. That finish was so close and to have done so after being so far behind at 500 metres to go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. upload_2024-8-2_16-28-16.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. .

IMG_8742.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Looks like we’re off to the olympics next week. Got some hospitality tickets lined up, all expenses paid. Will have a few days either side, turn it into a holiday.

• Like Like x 1
  18. The women's boxing has been shameful. I just hope one of them isn't seriously hurt or worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I do hope the afflicted women are taking precautions to protect their testicles.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. It’s a tricky one. No one has the balls (boom, boom) to ban those who fail the woman test.

Damned if they do, damned if they don’t. It’s the wokey cokey world we live in now. And it’s also fekin insane…

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information