1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Trackdays, Summers Coming

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Wasey, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Will be a weapon!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sounds good, look forward to seeing it. Hopefully get to see it at a trackday this year.

Pretty happy with progress on the 959, first run weekend just gone but only up and down the garden, the electrics coped ok with the abs removal module which was a slight concern so pleased/relieved about that. Realised that have to remove the brake light sensors, as it sets off the engine management light so now they are gone its running well.

Got a shakedown track day in weeks time so looking forward to some actual running. Be interesting to see how reliant I had become on the abs! Hopefully get my bodywork sorted at end of the month, will use a temporary setup of the road fairings for that day as only really planning on doing noise test, and 2 sessions to test everything as have to be back that afternoon anyway.

Ill post the final update once done, got lots of carbon and bling for when its done so think it will end up a marmite bike!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Drop off for Jerez sorted...

431505701_25420447457540586_372104980921476531_n.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  4. Nice tidy package there!:upyeah:
    Very jealous I must admit. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. You travel light!!!!

Off to Almería....
    Messenger_creation_c3d32bbe-5457-468f-8e85-79cf126d1ed7.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Not really, just pack clever and take whats needed ... tyres buy from NL as includes fitting and no need to pack them.

Enjoy your trip :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Massive stillage :eek:, is this with FE? We'll be at Andalucia with NL on Sunday :D

8. Fe stillages are the biggest I've used, and if you get there early, you can usually get greedy boards that slot in

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sadly for me uk tracks only this year. my first full day will be snetterton on 15th April, anyone else on that one?

10. Yes, FE stillages

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sadly, me too! Would be a struggle getting a pass for a Euro at the moment!:joy: I can’t do Snet in April, but keep me posted what your up to.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Coming round fast, Snetty on Monday and cant wait. Get fairings tomorrow, wont reveal much till get the pics but had them done by EvoBoy on here and they do look amazing, cant wait to see them. So bit of fettling to do but be good as last one was a bit of a mare, tip to anyone with a pani 959/1299 - cant just run the road nose with no lights, wasnt good!

Was supposed to be with a mate of mine and my cousin, but mix up and they booked Brands not Snett so were both doing a trackday, just 100 miles apart it seems!

Anyone else going?

13. I’ve still not booked any more than Lydden 4th May. That will be shake down time for project 848. I’m hoping it’s going to be worth all the effort and dosh I’ve thrown at it!:joy: Will look into booking something else after.

Was wondering how your day went at Brands… I did have a race front and rear light blanks when I had my 959, but I think I sold it with the road fairings I had, will have a look and let you know if I find it…

• Like Like x 1
  14. The first test was a mare, no mechanical issues which was the main aim but anything above 70mph the nose started flapping about, just didnt feel good! But likewise, spent a load of dosh this winter and seems like its been a good spend so far :)

Ill keep you posted on dates buddy, May looking quiet due to work and household commitments but hopefully get a few in June - eyeing up a brands late June but hopefulyl a cadwell and donny in there somewhere too :)

Ill get some pics up on my 959 thread over weekend, show off Evoboys handywork. Have to send us some shots of the 848 and how its looking

15. Anyone else doing euro TD’s via road trip? With their bike and kit in a van? Is this carnet business a must??

16. Zero chance of me doing a Euro any time this year unfortunately!:( No way I’d find time get a pass for that with a Wife, 2 young boys, full time job and a basement conversion going on at home.

17. You need to do a John Stonehouse mate. Just til Christmas or so :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I had to Google him!:joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  19. You must be a youngster :joy: Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. I have looked into that before and get mix opinions depending who you speak to.

Some say they have taken there track bikes over if they have a V5 and its got all docs (Primarily insurance), just basically taped the number plate on

Others say have to carnet it/had issues with the above approach.

Personally after reading up a bit, if I am going to do it (Wont be this year now) I would get the carnet for peace of mind, not worth the risk of being turned down as each trip would cost more than the cost of the carnet. I would then use it and do as many as possible in the year like LeMans (Great track, been once and worth the trip) but also ensure I got Assen and Spa in there to next time also and do multiple trips that year to get some value out of it.

Spanish circuits and Portugal are an option if happy to use ferry then drive a bit the other side also but they generally include bike shipping for a small carnet fee so perhaps easier to let them do those.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information