1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Trackdays, Summers Coming

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Wasey, Feb 28, 2024.

1. I agree.:upyeah: Spa, Assen and Le Mans appeal to me too. I live 10 miles from Dover, so is fairly easy for me.

2. Late 40s! Sun is starting to reflect its rays off the top of my head!:joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I've taken bikes abroad in a van several times in the last couple of years, from UK to France and Spain. If you have a v5 (and a numberplate on the bike they can match it to), and the registered keeper on the V5 is in the van then it's no hassle and you dont need a carnet. I do touring, so I only carry, bikes, tools and clothing, not tyres etc. but I can't see that being an issue.
    Coming back into the UK, they seem more concerned as to whether anyone could be hiding in the van, or any drink and fag excess over post brexit limits, rather than the bikes.

• Like Like x 3
  4. That’s more like it! Thanks :D:upyeah:

5. the whole "euro" thing looking somewhat more appealing all of a sudden:

upload_2024-4-11_16-8-7.png

• Like Like x 1
  6. Looks exactly like weather at Almería 2 weeks ago.
    Except the wind was a bit stronger

7. Don’t think am gonna even bother loading the van and driving there based on weather predictions

Anyone got any idea what the threshold is for cancellation, got to be on the limit for running tomorrow would think?

Don’t know if need to sign on to get a credit if they do cancel?

8. Cheers buddy, yeah Sod’s Law and British weather lottery sadly.

I’ve loaded the van, will head down and see how it goes so trying to be optimistic as really just want some bike time now.

if everyone can avoid doing any rain dances tonight I’d appreciate it

9. Fingers crossed for the weather today.

10. So how was Snett then, was the weather on your side, bike ok?
    I’m still waiting for my Renthal rear sprocket! 6-8 weeks lead time is currently sitting at 11! With a TD next weekend, I ordered an Afam after being told by Moto Rapido it fits a Renthal carrier… it don’t, stud pattern is ok, it’s the cut out that doesn’t allow it. So an Afam carrier ordered.
    Must be the other way round then, Renthal sprocket will fit an Afam carrier. Once that is on, Im done with project 848!……for now!:)

11. Ah sorry buddy forgot to update, its been all go here since then with dogs coming and going and all the other stuff - I went and was looking ok, did noise test, 5mins before sighting laps it rained sideways with a river down the pit lane so by 10 was on way home.

I was apparently very grumpy last Tuesday!!!

So, attempt 2 is this coming Monday for the OPL. Really hopeful this time, looking a bit more promising but never say never yet!!!

Sounds a bit of a mare on the sprocket buddy, sods law you will end up with two solutions in the end by sounds of it!

12. MotoRapido tell everyone this and I don’t know why, my mate had exactly the same, bike was in for service and they couldn’t fit the Afam sprocket having fitted the hub. So they have literally seen it with their own eyes!!!

also, that was over a year ago, and renthal lead times were horrendous then, if they are still that bad I wonder if they are about to go bust or seriously under investing in production

13. Gi
    Gutted mate! I would have been the same, don’t do wet track days!
    Weather looks better looking forward, law of averages on your side this time round. Have a great day! Think I’m doing Brands after Lydden, so may well book the one your doing..

14. I think it’s safe to say I won’t be ordering anymore from Renthal. Shame, as I think it’s a good product.
    Even AR Racing where I ordered it from said they are terrible with lead times!

15. Yeah dont have WOW either, so not messing about with all that faff either. It was a gamble, sometimes it pays off but even when the rain stopped, got 5 miles down the road and van was being blown about all over the road so wouldnt of been fun even if did dry out so no regrets.

Be good let me know buddy, I m prob heading up on the Sunday evening and plenty of space in the garage so be good to see the 848

Shame on renthal - is it just that its not a current production mode so they dont keep the cast's handy or something like that? Would of thought they would have something better as its not like its a 50 year old classic bike or anything so shame to hear that about a previously well rated company

16. So.. 848 shake down at Lydden presented no problems, bike felt nice. Had to put baffles in Termis as it failed the static noise testing, limit was 100db and she blew 103, then with baffles 97.
    Never got to test my different seat out, but that was the least of my worry’s compared to one poor bloke and his family. The day was tragically cut short with him involved in a fatal accident.:pensive:

17. I heard about that. My heart sunk. :pensive:

18. Yeah very sad to hear - we always sign the waiver forms but guess not till you hear the worse its a bit of a reminder of what can happen

Do Not Sell My Personal Information