1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Trackdays, Summers Coming

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Wasey, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Very sad to hear this :pensive:

2. Shit, what happened??

3. Was in one of the middle group sessions. Guy went straight on from the start/finish straight going into the long right. Hit the tyre wall with him catapulting into the field behind, leaving his bike in bits on fire!
    Air Ambulance turned up, then the police… Very sad atmosphere in the paddock, not nice.:pensive:
    Who knows what happened, no brakes, throttle stuck open, blacked out…list goes on..
    Certainly made me think twice about riding there though, which is a shame as it’s only 15min from me and always Saturdays.
    The run off there is not good, which could have had a part to play in it…

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Must have been doing some speed then I'm guessing

5. Weather is finally looking good for early June. Think I’m gonna pull the trigger on Brands GP 5th June with MSV.:sun::)
    Anyone else thinking the same?

#65 ScottyM, May 29, 2024
    Last edited: May 29, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  6. I'd love to do that one, at Snett on 4th so wont push my luck for that one

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yeah, 2 on the trot is not a good way of playing happy wife, easy life!:joy:

• Like Like x 1
  8. I must have done something right then, after nearly killing myself highsided at Cadwell charleys 2 and everyone saying well that's it then,
    I managed 26 track days in 2022. 24 track days in 2023 & nowhere near this year, but doing the Moto Morini day & a couple of others before Brands Hatch GP in August.
    Generally easy to spot look for the Heffalump on a 900ss & 900ss ie.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Well cracking morning on the OPL at Snetterton yesterday. Weather was great riding weather, cloudy but not too hot and perfect for some good running without cooking tyres or riders alike. Very few red flags too.

First thing was a bonus to riders on the day as there were only 60bikes booked on so half full - but the concern is that at that fill rate, OPL and number of track days could well be seriously reduced next year.

The current gossip on noise appears true and doing the rounds the marshalls did confirm the war on noise has been ramped up by the councils, the noise meter limits reduced without any real notice and its catching more people out than ever. They were open to a chat with someone who blew it and think the sensible view of it is now if your using a full can and baffle mostly seem to be ok, but stubby and decat cans are going to become a no. In the future even some factory options like Ducati's with Akra's could start having problems soon so it could be stock cans or bust time in future.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Weathers good here but im 100+ miles away so hopefully its playing nicely down there for

11. Weather was perfect! Just like your day at Snett, warm, but not too much, with patchy cloud and sunshine.Lovely!:)
    After my Termis failing at Lydden(100db), blowing 103db at 4000rpm, I thought I would try my luck at Brands(101db), she passed at 101.2db at 5000rpm! Work that out!

Was fairly busy, but not full. Not much drama through the day, a few offs and a bit of a delay in one of the inters groups with a bike dropping a load of oil from the bridge coming into Clearways, took him out and a couple of bikes behind. Massive dust trail to dodge after that one!

They have had some resurfacing done recently which has been cocked up a bit, must have been done on Friday afternoon! As a result, Sterlings is really bumpy mid corner now, I had a bit of tank slap round there. Everyone was moaning about it, so be careful there now!

Had Racelab set up my suspension in the morning aswell, made the bike a lot nicer to ride, so would recommend that, well worth the cash! Done a few other tweaks throughout the day with rearset position and trying different seats and I’ve got it to a stage where I feel plugged into it now!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Was that you @Paul55 I was helping yesterday at Brands?

13. Glad the day went well, looking forward to getting there as my next one now

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information