1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 Day Mini Tour, South France

Discussion in 'Touring' started by J biker, May 8, 2024.

1. Trust you :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Too soon.

;)

3. Sounds like a great plan! Cevennes is a fantastic choice—beautiful roads and scenery. Enjoy the ride and share some pics when you can!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. We have nice bins in France too. What did you expect ?

:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Take 2.

Returned to France last night and collected the repaired KTM this morning. Dropped a valve, they say not seen it happen before with one of their bikes. Unlucky then, as I was fairly gentle running in, had first service done and was not even pushing when the bike broke down.
    So, 3 day tour next week. Leave monday. I dont want to tempt fate and take the same route, so Pyrenees this time. Advantage of some time on the Spanish side, where points dont follow me home if I have too much fun!
    Fingers crossed the engine rebuild is right. New piston, barrel and head/valves fitted. Workshop has don e 40km and I have done another 40km this morning. Told to go steady for the first 100km…

• Like Like x 5
  6. Good luck and you can never have too much fun :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nice one, and good luck. We’re off on a tour next week, but of the 4 wheeled variety. Can’t wait to get out of here!

• Like Like x 2
  8. The new plan, day 1.

Hope the workshop did a thorough job on the rebuild, because the Duke is in for some stick on that C-28 !

IMG_1266.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Good luck mate :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. 2nd time lucky. Have a great tour.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Prêt à rouler! (encore)

IMG_1267.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  12. profite bien de ton voyage, mon ami!

• Like Like x 1
  13. A little tune to sing along with on your ride !!

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Now that brings back memories ! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Result, at Sort and the KTM was fault free. Defo run in now too :D
    Its a bit warm at 33 degrees when I last looked this afternoon. Beggards cant be choosers though:upyeah:
    First enthusiastic session on the bike and it handkes verr well. Was set to comfort settings on damp8ng and rebound, front was just tad soft so +2 rebound and damp8ng, fine. Run a bit wide on corner exit on a few hairp8ns, added rear preload and all is sweet.
    Edge of tyres said hello to the road.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Apologies btw, there will be l9ts of spell8ng m8shaps, using mobile

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Encore une fois !! still sing it now ! Those euphoric moments when riding a bike

@J biker - interesting to hear about it and see some pictures ......

18. ...erm...been having too much fun to take pictures tbh :joy:
    Left Sort this morning, n240, back roads to Axat. Stopped for a menu du jour ( very nice!)
    Then more back roads to Millau.
    Presently sat in the middle of town with a large Affligem:beer:
    Its hot again, 34 last count.
    Must investgate the latest vented jackets..

France, imo, more ckassy, more traffuc on roads.
    Spain, meh, but more hooligan time.
    Rumour has it that there was a 1290r (that had not broken down) hav8ng some fun in Spain this morning ;)

• Like Like x 4
  19. @J biker

Yeah, this is the bad time of year to ride in France… Beautiful roads invaded by Dutch and Belgian caravans, as well as drunk Brits, overspeeding Swiss and naked Germans…

We need to set our “rudeness policy” back to higher standards so they all remember France could be the nicest place on Earth if the French were not there. And then sod off to bloody Spain or Portugal…

:D

#40 Guillaume69, Aug 6, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information