1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6 Die In Motorcycle / Car Collision

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by St.Evenage, Jul 22, 2024.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. Just read , driver arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving
    So so sad

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. So it was some tit in a Porsche and nothing to do with the six killed.

Grim.

3. Well, let's wait for more info. We don't know if the guy they arrested is the driver of the Porsche or even if the Porsche caused the crash. It's conceivable that the person who has been arrested wasn't at fault and might just be a witness. He might not even have had anything whatsoever to do with the accident.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Terribly sad for all involved, there is also a son who has lost his parents in all this, I don’t know how old he is but there doesn’t appear to be a gofundme page to support him?
    I do worry about these gofundme type donations sometimes? Raising money for a fun run is one thing but huge sums of money can be involved and it may start with all good intentions but greed and selfishness often rears its ugly head, the whole Captain Tom fiasco springs to mind, who manages this huge sum of money, are they really qualified to do this, do they appoint appropriate financial advice and have the persons best interests at heart?

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. The motorcyclists’ son is an adult

6. The picture of the car in that article demonstrates how horrific, if not instantaneous, it must have been for all involved... :eek::(

RIP x6

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Let me guess. Bike has gone after the 911 and made an arse of the overtake. I’ve got a 911 and dayglo warriors on bikes often spoil for a joust. Particularly on A roads on Sunny Sundays.

8. According to the prelim post mortem report, the driver died from a head injury (presumably from the bike and/or rider going through the windscreen), but the passengers died from smoke and flame/hot gas inhalation, which means they were still alive when the car caught fire. It’s absolutely horrendous.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Horrendous indeed, can't find anything else on the Porsche driver.

10. A man has been arrested for causing death by dangerous driving and released on police bail while the investigation continues. I don’t know if he’s the driver of the Porsche though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. What about the bike overtook the 911 he didn't like it sped up and wouldn't allow the bike back in just a thought

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Im going with complete and utter prick (and likely bald) like the rest of them. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Maybe, who knows? I just know from experience that some bikers love taking on fast cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yup, bikes fuel tank has ignited as it’s gone through the windscreen… horrible…

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. ... This is apparently what actually happened. The bike was left hung out on the wrong side of the road. I know some of the emergency team that attended. It was not a pleasant sight.

• Love You Love You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. If that's the case, I hope the 911 driver never sees the light of day again.

• Agree Agree x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information