1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Hazy Headlight Challenge

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Dannyduke, Dec 28, 2023.

1. My dad had a Volvo 244 in the early 80’s so I may have been brainwashed at an early age. Sorry for that.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. My Son said he liked Volvos the other day whilst we were driving to Lincoln, I made him walk the 100 miles back………. He has learnt the error of his ways and now despises them.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. there was a stigma attached to Volvos particularly in the 80s wasn't there? Reps and traders favoured the estate version and a typical owner back then seemed to bulldoze their way through and never looked in their mirrors, or maybe I was just unlucky experiencing this? this might be when SMIDSY was used for the first time.:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. You are right, there really was an instant thought that a Volvo driver had taken down a biker as they launched onto a main road from a side junction.
    My dad had one in the 1980s, bloody enormous, turd brown and made from iron girders.
    Wasn’t there also something about a Labrador dog in the boot of the estate version?
    (Oooops….. going a bit off-topic here, sorry).

#24 Paul55, Dec 31, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2023
  5. In 1991 my company changed their car policy. I went from a Nugget Yellow VW Corrado to a fucking Volvo 940SE Estate. The pain still lasts to this day.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. I guess certain cars attract a certain ‘type’ of driver, maybe Volvo’s attracted those given to very poor driving standards who therefore would prefer a car that protects the driver from the errors he makes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I remember not liking these

volvo.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. As it should.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I've often used methtylated spirits with good results

10. I read an article yesterday about Volvo exporting a batch of cars to North Korea never to be paid for them, apparently the sum involved has risen to £330 Million.

#31 DucatiScud, Dec 31, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  11. They used them to transport all the dogs to various restaurants I believe.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. @Derek
    We have moved on. Misted headlights are so yesterday. This is now a Volvo thread. :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. As have I Derek, however I much prefer Vodka. ;)

I’ve found Whiskey to be good at cleaning floors but always with a mop too.:)
    A poster suggested that Meths on its own would clear a headlight lense and suggested a Google search would reveal this to be true. I couldn’t find anything on Google that corroborated his statement.:(

Anyway the threads drifted off to Sweden and their excellent car making abilities.:D

#34 DucatiScud, Dec 31, 2023
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. No that was UK owners drivers taking their significant other to a restaurant. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I have a Volvo! Previously eleven Saabs, much better cars. Unfortunately now defunct thanks to General Motors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. My Mrs used to work for Saab. We had a 900 back in the day off their employee scheme. Not this one…..
    IMG_0525.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Not an architect are you Derek?

18. Dentist

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. My Maths teacher had a SAAB 96 Beige looked shite, sounded strange too.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information