1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

750 ss ie

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by johnboy, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Are you going to make the Super Sausage meet??

2. hoping to make it got a couple of mates up for tagging along
    they should be good for the company as i wait for the recovery truck lol :Smuggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  3. At last......................Phew! :Nailbiting:

4. cheers al
    just looked back at the first post in this thread feb 2013
    jesus that long ago

and who says its finished lol plenty more to go
    dont buy a project she said heh heh
    show me an italian bike that aint
    little does she know .......

might have to put on that airfix sticker now :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. ............Airfix sticker?

You using Humbrol paint as well.........?

..........F-me, no wonder it's taken you so long with those silly little tins.........:D

6. you should see what i glued the wings on with :p

7. Ughh........you didn't did you?

Dirty git..........

• Like Like x 1
  9. Johnboy Finally got the fairing the same as yours and mounted the bellypan. Struggling with mirrors to fit so bought some old gsxr ones which may do trick, with the risers the levers were hitting the glass on full lock. Just need some tweaks and to move the coils because they hit bottom of fairing. Quite enjoying it. Did u relocate your coils too?

DSC_0147.jpg

10. looking good there bud
    belly pan looks sweet still undecided whether to fit one or not
    i had issues with bars hitting fairing slightly because i have raised the bars up a bit
    jiggled fairing a bit and it sits slightly tilted forward ( bugs me slightly lol )
    as for the coils left the coil for rear cylinder in place and use it for the front cylinder
    front coil in original place did foul the fairing so mounted it on a disused fairng mount on the
    behind the other coil
    still would like to move them somewhere else less unsightly
    but not sure where
    you can see in piccy below
    you going to the super sausage ? Photo0294.jpg

11. Yes hoping to go the super sausage. Everything on the bike is sorted just need to sort out mounting indicators, put mirrors on and finish mounting up the fairing. I ended up moving the whole headlight frame up one hole on the mount point to accommodate the risers and new top yoke without cutting the end off the fairing as they recommend. Spray job can wait for now, will just prime up. May get some longer ht leads and move coils just inside fairing or perhaps under seat in tray.

#251 dakk66, May 10, 2014
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
  12. I'll call the AA and make sure they put some more vans on that morning

13. Mine should make it there and back just been serviced....... although can't vouch for bits not falling off on the way.....lol

14. did consider putting coils under the seat but thought hell of a long set of ht leads
    as for the AA i am with green flag lol

so if we make it to super sausage do we get a prize
    is it lack of faith in reliabilaty or mechanical apptitude lol

15. I assume you are aware the coils for the carb models are under the tank between the battery and the airbox?

I have a spare bracket for mounting the coils and CDI boxes if you are considering trying it.....It bolts to the back of the airbox.

AL

16. That's interesting to know Al could you post a pic of the bracket

17. Here you go............

BKT4.jpg

BKT1.jpg

BKT2.jpg

BKT3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. ahh my ecu is mounted just there !
    not really any spare room under the tank
    unless i go for pod filters and junk the airbox which i dont really want to do

19. So you have got an ECU stuck in the way???

Oh well, at least there is something to be said for having a carbed model after all....... ;)

20. i guess i could say a lot about owning an injection model
    but........
    i might get censored :Chicken:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information