1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

750 ss ie

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by johnboy, Feb 13, 2013.

1. well got more goodies in the post today
    so now i can sort out the damaged speedo surround
    and also tidy up the wiring

sure i said i didnt want a project lol ..........ahh i remember was told not to buy a project heh heh:biggrin:

2. been a busy boy today got my numberplate bracket fabricated just got to clean sharp bits etc then ready to fit
    also incorporated indicator brackets aswell
    will get some pics up when got it fitted aswell should look alright...........
    Photo0199.jpg Photo0200.jpg Photo0201.jpg

Photo0199.jpg

Photo0200.jpg

Photo0201.jpg

3. That looks neat. Looks like it weighs a fair bit though?

4. ahh got me thinking put it on the wifes baking scales 11oz
    yeah i tend to over engineer things but it wont bloody well break lol:upyeah:

5. well a bit of sun and parcel in the post ( cheers imola ) got me moving today
    removed top fairing and clocks to replace clock surround
    found rubber mounts were not great ie 1 broke and and a zip tie holding things down whoo and the others fairly perished
    started cleaning replacement surround as foam was quite grubby and apparently the adhesive doesnt like warm water and daz lol
    so cleaned and reglued
    well clocks reasembled and ready to go back on
    checked wiring and well some peoples idea of wiring lol
    gave up for today as i cant feel my fingers now
    well few bits ordered just got to wait now :smile:

6. I'm following this with interest, johnboy, your fettling is giving me the urge to get off my backside and do some of the things I've been meaning to get done. :smile:

7. well just sorting the bodges at the minute before i can get on with proper fettling

8. think the belly pan is a duke monster item

9. On closer inspection I think you are right, better get the credit card out..... time to spend

10. have you checked ebay for duke bellypans a few different types not sure what fits what as in between different models though

11. well picked up a few bits from moto italia today
    so hopefully start putting a few bits back together tomorrow
    anad stop an oil leak with a new oil pressure switch as soon as i find a spanner that fits lol

12. well messed around with the 750 today and as always easy jobs turn into a drama ha
    so the easy job of changing the oil pressure switch went a bit tits up when bits of metal from damaged threads dropped into the oilway
    so had to remove engine casing to remove swarf
    luckily new pressure switch has longer threads so damaged part of threads not a problem
    sorted and rebuilt drama over :wink:

oh and found out why the exhaust sound so dam good
    there is zero baffling in the silencers so another job lol easy fix

#53 johnboy, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  13. Should look real good once you have finished, all the work you are putting in

14. hope so got to justify to the wife why this turned into a bit of a project lol :biggrin:

15. right goy my finger out and did a bit more
    more importantly took some pics
    so got the rebuilt clock assembly back on cant realy tell from pic but cleaned foam surround and intact clock surround

008.jpg
    next up today was to look at the lovely burble from the exhaust hah
    well no baffling at all so really out to put some in (old couple next door and well quite like them so)
    002.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg
    then found that mounting bracket bolt threads on 1 hole are shot so another job
    easy weld a nut on the internal plate
    006.jpg 007.jpg

right so to the last bit for today
    whilst sorting wiring behind fairing found this little sensor with 2 wires just dangling

010.jpg
    so first where does it belong as guessing should be bolted somewhere

and second what is it looked on wiring diagram in owners manual and the only thing i can find is air temp sensor
    well answers on a postcard to wtf am i doing . com
    now i am going to get my tea lol :upyeah:

008.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

010.jpg

#56 johnboy, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  16. Sidestand engine cutout switch wiring?

17. not sure what sidestand awitch looks like at the mo
    but looks like a sensor rather than switch plus wiring is about 6 inches long and located behind headlight so not sure
    will check side stand switch
    cheers

18. Not sidestand safety switch wires then. maybe for diagnostic gizmo to plug into.

19. ok guys been on bit of a go slow on the bike recently
    so finally figured out what route to take to get rid of the sh*tty ally plates someone has fitted specially as they didnt fit properly and exhausts were not level
    well a bit of jiggery pokery and using the ally plates as partial template
    made a prototype for one side to see if fit is ok
    well seems to fit ok so far so just need to fully weld and finish and make another fir the otherside

and the wife keeps reminding me i was not meant to buy a project lol

002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg

well thats progress so far at the minute
    next is rear shock to be sorted for mot so dilema secondhand replacement or rebuild..........

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information