1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 / 1098 Modifications - what did you do ?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Dubs, Jul 31, 2013.

1. The Accosatto is a straight swap, It fits beside the OE switchgear fine,

After i got the 1199 clip ons the OE switchgear was stopping me putting the master cylinders where i wanted so i had to fit the BSD switches.

#201 Ducatisti1098, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. bikes MOT ran out last week and I've just got back from Copenhagen, so a blast out on the bike was a no go. sneaked off to work last night and got the cf belly pan fitted.
    if wife doesn't start kicking off, i'll get the mirror extenders on as well.

IMG_1118.JPG IMG_1123.JPG

3. @bettes - when is it booked for its mot? In other words, when can you play out next? :)

4. haven't done owt about it yet. didn't have time yesterday and am away in Bournemouth tomorrow. hope to get it done tomorrow evening or wednesday. :upyeah:
    don't have the db killers for the termis though. would that matter?

5. In all honesty I don't know but I'm sure someone will be along to tell you.

I'd try and fund an unscrupulous back street garage who'll pass any old shit for ten bob and a blackies egg. And it'll be job jobbed.

There'll be loads in Brighouse ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. They only give advisory for a noisy exhaust. Not a failure is my understanding. I had slash cuts on mine during mot. No trubbs.

• Like Like x 1
  7. only ever failed one car for being excessively noisy. a Subaru impretsa, i wont tell you what proffesion he was in but i got no pleasure from it. ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. there is no decibel meter in an mot station but there is a section on it. mot testers discretion. but obviously you can appeal.

9. Thanks for that. Booked in for tomorrow aft. Spoke to the guy and he said he wouldn't fail it for the termis. Just need to fit OEM reg plate & job's a good un. I hope.

10. Just make sure it doesn't say 'not for road use' or 'race use only' on the cans

If it does a bit of tape well placed works

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dremel works better ;) Not that I know , errrrr someone told me :Angelic:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Got it! Just got back now. Front main beam lowered and that's it.
    Pulled out, went round the corner to exit the trading estate and came across a little unit selling ti bolts, shorty levers, crash bobbins and loads of other bits. He's also cash happy! If he has something on eBay for, say £40. He'd accept £30 cash. Makes / turns loads of bits to order as well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. You should do the rear hugger looks awesome

14. Rear hugger?

15. They should fail you for those red anodised screws. :p

• Like Like x 1
  16. I know. Got away with just an advisory, that's all. Have to take it back tomorrow to prove I've changed them.
    Watch this space...

17. Just an advisory? For them screws?

18. I know. It's just because I know him. Threatened to call the police if I didn't change them ASAP.

19. I would have called the police,army, fire service,kgb,mi5.........now get those blooby bolts changed...:punch:

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information