1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 / 1098 Modifications - what did you do ?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Dubs, Jul 31, 2013.

1. See you in the morning bling man :p

2. :upyeah: will do & don't forget me petrol money! ;)

3. image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. just a quick note in case anybody wants to fit a dan kyle damper kit with a dp cf key guard. material needs to be removed from both ends of the black bracket, where the damper is closest. went out for a ride yesterday and handled like a pig. the problem was the yoke bracket rubbing against the black one.
    removed enough material to prevent rubbing and hopefully job's done.
    IMG_1174.JPG IMG_1173.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Ohlins should make a difference, I'm looking to get a rear shock for mine as I had the standard bike set up and he couldn't get more than 5mm static sag in the rear, not sure why but there was none as standard!

• Like Like x 1
  6. a lot of people complained about this. can't wait to get mine fitted.
    i read some where that unless you're over 90 kgs, the std shock is useless.

7. That makes me feel a little bit better, I'm 90kg and it's a bit better now but I can't believe that standard suspension is so 'variable' I'm tempted to get a daytona 675r next year and if I do I'll get it set up from the off

8. [​IMG]

Need one these!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. ttx, nice!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. @Evoarrow , is that what you've got on yours?

11. Or the poor mans version ...... £280

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. I wish, unfortunately not. Tempted though. Its looks the mutts, but I honestly would not know how to use it.

13. See a new one on fleabag for £900. Customs scares me though, could be another £250.

14. I had a non-TTX Ohlins on my daytona and it was unbelievably good!

15. could a mere mortal even notice the difference in ride?

16. Did you tweak it yourself?

I think this is better than a set of slip ons, in terms of improving the bike. Maybe someone can agree or disagree

17. A grand on a suspension or a grand on pipes? I don't know.

A ttx for road use only?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. My daytona Ohlins was £500, got it resprung for my weight and the forks rebuilt , the simple answer was yes. I could feel a huge difference, the bike was just 'plush' and it was nothing to do with spring rate as it was still pretty stiff. It was just better. That said the Ducati rear shock from a damping point of view is better than my standard daytona shock (which I am convinced was faulty!) I wouldn't spend more than £500 ish on the shock though, the gains between non-TTX and TTX are minimal for road use and therefore a used 1098s shock that is sprung correctly and with fresh oil will be fine.

• Like Like x 2
  19. managed to get the front air mesh bits painted back to how they should be and fitted cf air duct covers. that's the last of the damaged plastics changed.
    IMG_1215.JPG IMG_1211.JPG

20. image.jpg . New clutch slave cylinder....quality kit this ducabike stuff

Do Not Sell My Personal Information