1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 / 1098 Modifications - what did you do ?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Dubs, Jul 31, 2013.

1. South? West more like. Im on J6 M25. I'm off on the 27th Oct (Monday).

2. Swore blind you were in Scotland?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. I live where its warmer. Altho I am a Jock. :)

4. Ahhhh I see.... Lets us know how you get on pls mate.

5. Dont worry the results will be posted here. Altho I am more interested in having a smooth and snappy response rather than all out power.

6. You'll get that for sure.... If she's lean (& there's a good bet she is) adding that extra fuel helps no end in calming things... My throttle was like a switch, something I'd gotten used to & made allowances for but horrible at small throttle openings mid bend.. Map sorted all that plus added a shitload of torque between 3 - 6k... Power gains minimal (about 3bhp) but overall a MUCH smoother delivery & power curve. Best money I've spent on her...

7. They could be what are known as "new" tyres?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Unfortunately I have a job which requires a stupid amount of hours, sometimes 7 days a week, consistently switching between night and day shifts, travelling all over the continent. So riding the bike isn't always an option! It has done 14,000 miles though and it's a 2010 model so it's not doing bad!

9. Oberon clutch slave cylinder fitted. Bleeding it took a few minutes but as soon as the master was cracked a couple of times, all went well. The Oberon unit is slightly bigger than the std one, so I had to remove a little material from the aftermarket sprocket cover. All in all, 30 mins work.
    The clutch lever does feel a little lighter and hopefully, engaging neutral won't be a problem.

image.jpg image.jpg

Also worth noting that the newer Oberon slave with T section can be used with the older non T clutch push rod but there's no room for the O ring. I just used a bit of gasket sealant.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I SEE RUST....nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

disgraceful :Bag:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Nowt drastic! Just a bit of squirted brake fluid! Job's a good un. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ive added some Helibar Tracstars to my 1198. They raise the bars by about 1/2" and bring then nearer by 3/4" and are about 1/2" longer. They 'feel' about right now. I also added some grip buddies from Nippy Normans and they work too. Hands didnt get too tingely but they bars felt fat which took some getting used to.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ive also added an oberon clutch slave and it too works a treat. Nice product.

13. Bootsam,
    whats grip buddies, as your grips look the same in both photos.

14. I think that photo's from a www page. Be interesting to know what you think about them after a long ride out...

Ian

15. Thats not my bike. :)

If winter gives me a nice sunny dry day with no salt risk then a long run will be undertook. I had a shortish run on them.

IMG_0478.JPG

16. They look a good idea,
    I have changed to pro grips and Oberon bar end weights to help the "tingly" in my thumb and forefinger
    along with wearing my winter gloves which has helped but i still get a bit after about 30 mins of riding,

Do these just slip over your grips, " Nippy Norman :D" Not seen a white 1198 before :upyeah:

17. They're velcro'd seams. You just place one end where the instructions show and pull it taught onto the velcro. Its not shifted one iota from that. My only thing is fat grips felt weird. But under heavy braking they felt good on the palms. Especially as Ive an achey scaphoid sometimes. Time will tell but initially they felt okay. I'm still not sure about the fat grips bit though.

Ive always loved the white since i 1st saw an 848 when they first came out. Its just such a nice colour. I wouldn't mind a spare set another colour though. For a change. Like the silvery grey 848 evo corse, love that too.

Wonder if white wheels would look a bit kitsch or cheesey? Nope I'll get em done black. Don't like the dark grey metallic much. Or fluorescent green?....

18. Seat fairing on. Hard to imagine just how much lighter this is compared to the standard one. Could be as little as a 3rd.
    image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Very smart and you have a superpole seat, I've been on the look out for one of them does it take a bit more strain of your wrist's, plus i keep sliding on the standard seat.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information