1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 / 1098 Modifications - what did you do ?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Dubs, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Ohlins front forks (1098s) and rear shock (1198s)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. That sure looks Sweet 848, really liking the mods and used the Gilles rearsets ourselves on a 1098s before.:Snaphappy:

3. ^^^^ Cheers for that, I really like the adjustability of the Gilles rearsets they are a good setup. I bought them second hand but they had already had the custom anodising in the red which was perfect for me !

• Like Like x 1
  4. Took delivery of a HM SS quickshifter need to get it fitted to my 1098s

• Like Like x 2
  5. EVR slipper clutch ordered plus a quick release fuel cap...:upyeah:

• Like Like x 3
  6. Bike looks decent, I've got a Matt black 1098 with silver graphics, & red frame. Have the red graphics also, makes it look epic....

Where did u get the red graphics from??

7. Job done

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bout time! What do you think to it? Can you feel a noticeable difference?

9. Not much but not been out for a ride yet

10. Looks good, now need to get her out for a good blast :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. So; the following is now either on the 2010 non evo 848; or in the garage waiting to go on...

All lights and associated nonsense removed - Track faring on...
    Forged wheels
    TTX Shock
    Full race system and matching ECU
    Steering damper
    Sigma Slipper
    Oberon clutch slave
    Brembo RCS brake and clutch masters
    Rearsets
    Lithium Battery
    Aluminium sub frame
    Nemesis Traction Control
    HM quickshifter
    GIPro gear indicator
    Rain light, Brake guard and Sharksfin...

So what next? Thinking of getting ECU remapped to get rid of dead spot around 5 - 5.5k
    Looking for more torque and bottom end power
    - any suggestions.
    Can't afford or justify fork internals...??

Cheers,
    Bob

12. I finally splashed out on the Oberon slave cylinder as well at the MCN show.

13. Tel
    I looked at them, there about £90 i can't remember, If i am right do they make it a bit easier pulling the lever in.

14. Quite a bit easier. I've just gone to using long levers as well and the clutch is more than comfortable now. Almost as easy as a cable pull.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. I paid £90 so hopefully got it at a decent price as I hadn't looked at prices elsewhere before hand.
    Hopefully going to fit this afternoon so should know if it's money well spent then.
    I was on the look out for some levers to replace my short levers but wasn't a lot to choose from.

Any recommendations for levers?

16. I've just changed my titax shorties for some evo tech longies and they feel miles better IMO. But I have got biggish hands. The bike came with the shorties on so never had chance to try the long ones til now. Those evo techs seem to be decent gear and foldable as well. Makes pulling the clutch miles easier.

Ian

17. I think £90 is the normal price off eBay. But then there's shipping on top

18. Just fitted it and seems to have made a noticeable difference for 10minutes worth of work.

I currently have CRG short levers but like the look of either the evotech or lightech levers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Just ordered some rizoma pro footpegs and the adapters from pro twins, it was just Over £60 for the pegs and adapters, Hopefully my feet will stop coming off the pegs now.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information