1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 / 1098 Modifications - what did you do ?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Dubs, Jul 31, 2013.

1. is yours ticking over high? have you done a TPS reset after fitting the pipes?

ian

2. It's about 1400 to 1450, what's a TPS reset and how do you do it?

3. throttle position sensor. needs to be reset every now and then especially when you change the silencers, exhausts... you need the software and a lead to do it but is easy. don't think this is the cause of your problem though as i've just seen your other thread. maybe @chrisw could help you out.

4. Idle is controlled by the Idle Control Valve on the throttle bodies. It's a stepper motor controlled needle valve and can get gummed up. Flushing through with carb cleaner can help. Unfortunately the tank and airbox have to come off to get at it.

5. Fitted rear number boards today, what a pig of a job. They look ok if not scrutinised from close up, but at least i can use them as a template to show the spray shop what i want done.

Slowly getting there with the mods, have the clutch to do next, but need to decide on a colour for the plate; am thinking blue.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. looks good. but would look minter with a carbon fibre belly pan.:) they look good on the red ones.

7. Was thinking that, may have to get one.

• Like Like x 1
  8. New heel guards
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. I have those, are they the DP ones? Use them once and your heels mark them. At least in my case.

10. I have them too, my most recent eBay purchase in fact. Been on the bike for 2/3 months now, no marks from any of my boots

11. Yep dp ones never marked my none dp ones tho

12. New tyre time me thinks
    [​IMG]

13. Fitted new rear drive assembly ;)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  14. Fitted dp mirrors, look a lot better and feel they don't vibrate as much as the originals.

I wasn't planning on using my 848evo as a commuter bike, but have used it all week to and from guildford to Oxford street london this week. Really impressed with it . Yes it gets hot and not comfy but didn't miss a beat even in the rain today.:upyeah:

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Have you got any pictures from the front Steve?

16. Have this one from the front.

image.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Rather like your number plate relocation

18. More carbon...

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Anyone using mirror blanking plates? NOT R&G, which are the best ones? i had lightech on my RSV4

20. I have Oberon ones. Look ok and good fit.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information