1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 / 1098 Modifications - what did you do ?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Dubs, Jul 31, 2013.

1. I have exactly the same grips and like them a lot

2. Me too. I went for the all black version as I have a discerning eye. :p

3. Mine are black n red as I like to coordinate :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I also ensured mine covered the little bit of silver after the R1 tube conversion. :p

5. Id go for the following with any ducati superbike -

Suspension upgrade ohlins r&t plus set up
    Ohlins steering damper if it doesn't have one
    Brembo radial master cylinders
    Upgrade slave cylinder
    Slipper clutch STM
    Rearsets
    Lightweight fuel tank
    Lightweight wheels
    Full exhaust system
    EVR Carbon airbox
    Adjustable offset triple clamps
    Custom map and dyno time

Not the cheapest of lists but you could spend half that amount easily on bling/ tat and without any improvement on bike or feel.

6. ? The pro grips I just fitted covered the length of my shaft...

It covered the bar end too;)

7. I brought it like this, so have/had no idea, but it appears so? all I knew is that it had a quick action throttle...

Will leaving as is be an issue?

Or should I be changing it....

I've not rode the bike since I brought it back in March, only up my street once & it felt fine & pulled without any issues

8. If it works then I guess you dont NEED to change owt.... I'd have thought the extra tension on the cables (further to travel as you have them fitted against them going underneath) would have either made it difficult to use the throttle plus do they not catch on anything when you steer?...

9. throttle 005.jpg

See now I'm royally confused....Bottom pic is an 848 & like mine its routed underneath... This above is a 1098 that's routed above the lever.... Either way yours is even further back.

Saying that maybe the person who owns the 1098 in the picture dropped his levers??.. Dunno.... I need a lie down!!

DUC100-1.jpg

10. Mine is routed under the brake reservoir, that's how it came

11. Under. Your brake lever looks low.

12. Does doesn't it?... That's a pic I grabbed off Google to compare.. Maybe the owner has hands like Seaman...

Preferable to Semen hands..

• Like Like x 1
  13. It appeared to be fine who I rode it for all of 2 mins...

Hoping to get out on it on Sat if I can get the bloody rear indicators sorted so I can get a MOT ticket for her...

14. First ride out with the R1 tube this afternoon... Much better... I'd say its only a few degrees less than standard so thankfully not like a 'switch' but JUST enough to get her fully lit in one grab... Great cheap upgrade..

15. Here's a rear side pic of my Leo Vinci's, not sure if there the new type, they came with my bike. I'm bloody like them, sound very nice...

[​IMG]

A better close up I found...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks for the feedback and test ride ! I think I'll have a go at that, I want new grips anyway so might as well do the tube at the same time, it's a pretty cheap mod so might be worth doing rather than going for the full quick action package.

Your map sounds interesting though.

17. Thanks for that, they look awesome. I have been looking at them for a while

18. @Fastmonkey The new map really has made a huge difference.... I highly recommend it mate.

19. For Fastmonkey to have a laugh at. Need to get some number boards on it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    John

• Like Like x 2
  20. @Old Jock Sigh... Yeah its a real ball of shite... You should give her to me what with you being so ashamed haha

Do Not Sell My Personal Information