1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 848 Power

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by slinky848, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Not if you're slowing down ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. We have had the thread about it isn't fast like his ER6 but I wasn't allowed to comment looking at his opening post :( then several pages later it turned out he wasn't opening the throttle very quickly and that's what I was going to say if I had been allowed. Would have saved loads of time too.
    This thread I have not been barred from commenting - but I just don't know what to say anyhoo :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. DQ.

• Like Like x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  4. if i could add another question about owning an 848.

my fuel light comes on at 60-65miles.

my one and only complaint is this. so far (and im not even pushing the bike hard AT ALL) is the distance between fillups, just sucks a bit.

am i getting bad milage per tank? ive done the math.

if the tank is 15.5l i can get 100miles until dry.

sounds right? best possible.

i guess if i push the bike a bit its bye bye fuel.

note-its not the cost. its the bother of filling up [emoji16]

5. Sounds about right.

6. Stop riding it in third at 20 mph :p

Mine used to be 70-80 and another 30 on reserve. On track it would be 50.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. funny i get no issue it any other gear xD

8. so im guessing the 1098 has the same tank? saw one today. looked pretty identical all over bar a sticker.

if its the same tank size holy crap that not the bike for me

9. When we toured Europe, it was the 999 in the group that was always filling up first. Far worse than the 1098 we had in the group (who's light came on when the 999 emptied).

My uncles old RSV4 Factory was really bad too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. With the smaller front sprocket my light was coming on at almost the same time as the two 1098's I rode to WDW2010 with. Generally around 80-90 miles.

11. in my opinion bikes should have a 130mile range upwards. to be used on the road. but meh.

hopefully i get used to it. and it doesnt ruin the bike for me

12. My sporty touring bike (1200 faultistrada) only got 145 to a tank and my sporty touring SMT only gets 120ish.

You want big miles you've got to start riding the big barge style adventure bikes and give up on a sporty ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. so yamaha r1's and gsxr's dont get 110miles until needing to be filled even?

i dont believe every sportsbike there is has a tiny tank.

14. I bought a 10l can and fill up before I go for a ride. That way I normally get 1 hour before I need to fill up.

15. I'm thinking you've bought the wrong bike matey. 20 mph riding. Not fast enough. Want big range. Clutch stiff.

Go try a k1300 :upyeah:
    ;)

16. 20mph riding. since when did i say i only do that.

in traffic you have to go the speed of the car infront if you cant pass xD

i never did say it was slow or not fast enough, i was stating i thought it would be scarier.

yes filling up alot i think might get on my nerves. ill see how it does through the summer.

clutch is not TOO stiff. its stiff. never did i say it was a bad point. just a different feeling to what im used to.

the reading skills on this forum are pretty poor. however i appreciate all your inputs too!!

maybe i want too much.

i want a sportsbike,
    that doesnt weight 280kgs.

600-1000cc

that can get 120 plus out of its tank.

ideally a twin xD

17. Only joshing matey :upyeah:

After an hour, 80 miles across country, you will need to stop anyway ;)

On a long run, say Germany or touring, I could easily get to 100 miles before light on cruising at average 80-90. It's the accelerate/decelerate that sucks the fuel.

18. nice idea tho, the k1300s dont look to far what would fix what im moaning about, it just looks too old man ish i think

19. CBA to read the whole thread but I moved from JIL4's with 17L tanks that gave 130ish to the tank.

My 848 EC had a 15L tank which immediately meant I would get just 100-110 miles on a tank. When I rode it briskly I'd get around 85-90 to the tank.

20. i think i may be swaying to the boring gsxr 750 or an r1 though, just for the extra range. but i trade the ducati sound and looks [emoji20]

i love my ducati hopfully i just get used to it

Do Not Sell My Personal Information