1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 899/959 Vs Mv Agusta F3 800

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Five50, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Wobbling round Cartagena and guess who turns up?

Hickman, the man himself.

Now I have a signed helmet with 135.^&* on the top,

What a really terrific human being.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I actually had an 899 and an F3 800 at the same time. The MV is a better handling bike, turns in quicker than anything else I have ridden. The engine sounds like a tractor at low speeds, but sounds good at higher revs. The 899 has much better low down torque and feel a bit more unique to me. The F3 is a small bike and it felt a tad on the small side for me (5 foot 10). I felt cramped on it after riding for half an hour or so. The 899 was a bit firmer and less settled over the typical UK roads I was riding on. I feel like I could go on with this sort of comparison...

Never road either on track so can't comment there.

Feel free to ask if you have a specific question.

3. Just read this old thread, I think I maybe pushing the button on an F3 800 Rosso. Imo better spec'd and value for money than the current Pani V2. See what my visit tomorrow Krazy Horse brings.... Euro 5 models are great spec:

Up down quick shifter
    Dashboard TFT 5.5”color display
    Cruise control
    Launch control
    Bluetooth
    GPS
    MV Ride App for navigation mirroring
    app-controlled engine, rider aids setup
    Mobisat tracker

4. I do like that TFT 5.5”colour display......
    Since I last posted here I have done a day at Brands Indy on the RC.
    It was very wet, but the Bridgestones worked ok with nice slides into Druids and some fun on the gas out of Clearways.
    It was the most photographed and video'd machine in pit lane and kept up as the track dried in Fast Group. Much to my surprise it even passed the 102 dB noise test.

7DEA826C-FE65-494D-B627-26C63ABE7191_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  5. Fair play to you. No bloody chance I'd take that beauty on a wet track.

6. It was probably the one wet day of the summer, so I was not going to sit there feeling sorry for myself.
    It did show what a capable bike it is and the electronics kept it upright, in spite of my efforts :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'd crash her, no electricity can save my bravery/lacking self preservation.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Just treated her to some new suspenders....

IMG_4234.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Test rode a F3 yesterday, well I can't believe I'm using these two words in the same sentance, Comfortable Sportsbike!

Suits me just right, riding position is just right for me, less aggresive than a Pani and I can actually put my toes flat.

Imho the electronics in the Euro 5 is much better than a Pani V2, the quick shifter is better than any Ducati. I just loved it.

Getting a brand new F3 Rosso delivered hopefully this week :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  10. here's my two pence worth

was looking at all three

the shotgun exhaust on the 959 is just wrong

i was worried the 800cc f3 might be too revvy and a little bit down on power so i landed up with the 899, i liked the colour and the double headlights over the f3

the rosso is an absolute stunner tho, congrats on that

they do a black/gold superveloce and to me its the best looking bike in the world

#50 southlondonCBR, Sep 25, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Well, due to some delivery issues on the Ducati track bike I am now loading the F3 800 RC onto the stillage for Portimao in ten days.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 20220917_133825.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Love You Love You x 1
  13. @Paul55 , 1 year in, how is life on the F3? How does she fit the 6'3"?

14. yeah how is it? I still look regularly at my old one, and whether I want to buy it back to go alongside my 899.... mad I know.

15. Not sure I could have done this on the 899. In fact I know I couldn’t. Me and the 899 ended up in the litter in quite a big way at the Wall (T13) three years ago o_O

• Like Like x 1
  16. TBH, that has not made me want to buy one.

17. She looks pretty good on the stands…….get her moving though and…….:D

230423-25_NL_Aragon_Fokus_7184.jpg

IMG_4884.jpeg

18. Looks lovely, and I expect great fun, but watching 1000's buggering off on the straight and spending an entire lap catching them back up is a bit irritating isn't it?

19. Thats just 150 vs 200+ bhp……
    I have become a lot better at corners since riding this bike :astonished:

• Like Like x 1
  20. I guess it's worse because of that particular track with suck a long back straight out of a tight chicane. I expect at a UK track it would be less an issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information