1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Launch tonight?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by El Toro, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Just watched it, works now!

2. I actually quite like it, I think the ds swingarm actually adds to the stocky look, I'm not hung up on single siders anyway, in fact it doesn't really bother me if a bikes got one or not, if it handles better out the box and is more compliant than many of the Ducatis I've ridden in the past then a double sider is all good by me.

however what I can't really get my head round is the £12500 + circa £500 for the obligatory tail tidy, better seat, seat cowl for a bike that's not quite full superbike.

Lots of money really, in fact full blown superbike money..... I'm just not sure its worth it

3. I'm looking forward to test riding one when Riders get their demo bike in. I've not ridden the 1199 yet either so i might see if i can do a back to back test ride...

4. Dont get the comments re cost. Its the same as outgoing 848

5. then all I can say is that the out going 848 is over priced :)

6. And plenty have bought them :smile:

This will sell, and take the voldermort title

7. and I might just buy one when the arse falls out the market and 2nd hand values plummet due to the arrival of the 899 :)

8. it's actually not, the standard 848 Evo is £11,280 and the Corse SE is £12,xxx so it's Corse SE Money. I'm also not sure though that people can say 'it's superbike money so not worth it' because... it is a superbike, it's not in anyway shape or form a supersport any more.

9. Fair point, in that case is one of the lowest powered superbikes currently available from any manufactures new range then ;)

10. Forgot its 1098R money!

11. I'll wait for the 1099 Panigale model

12. I've heard they are due to announce a 449cc super mono... Oink oink

13. Too close in price to a BMW S1000RR really. £13750 with TC, ABS and a quick shifter.

if it were me I would be waiting to see what the MV 800 is like.

as for the DS SA I like it. Didn't do the 999 any harm in race days, so I don't see what all the fuss is about.

14. I don't think the issue is the duel sided swingarm, just the fact its a pig ugly bit of cast metal.

15. like they did with the 999.............and then finally gave in to public opinion and changed it for the better.......

16. ...better you say !
    better at winning....nope !
    the 999 has ducatis winningiest swing arm design !

:p

#76 Phill, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  17. For sure, however the 999/749 change was to the superbike look/spec swingarm, there's not a race series for this one though.

The older cast arm is better looking than the new one.

18. yeah the black 999 arm is acceptable and even quite pretty compared to the original crappy cast arm.........

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yes it did, but not the cast one.....

20. which came first chicken or egg.......homologation or race....

im sure there will be technical aspects of the 899 race series that demand change.....:rolleyes::biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information