1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Launch tonight?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by El Toro, Sep 9, 2013.

1. No, I'm saying it's a mental thing. You must understand mental, surely...

2. So no real answer then......more of a bollocks thing then...:wink:

3. Let the sales figures speak the truth...

4. I wonder what the sales figures have been for 1098/1198 vs 848 world wide, surely that would give us some indication.

anybody?

5. But the argument for those buying the lesser model is because its a "real world" bike, less power means more useable power....apparently! So as the horse power get higher and higher 749 to 848 to 899........120 to 130 to 140..ish, does that bollocks still apply? or just because the 899 is less than a 1199 power wise that completes the case? even though it is now in the ball park power area of the 999R compared to a 749 in the previous argument albeit the same argument a couple of years back.....

6. Some toy box...

[​IMG]

7. It is strange how things move on. I got the 749R because I wanted something that takes effort to use, also because of how special it is, I wouldn't say its more useable as having to work it harder takes up extra effort.

I've a bigbore zrx(1254 cc 172bhp 101lb torque at the wheel), thats more useable on the road as it pulls any of its many 5 ratios at any rpm meaning you have one less thing to think about.

I guess the 899 will make the same power as the first gen r1 or more. It'd be impressive to see how much stronger than the 996 the engine is.

8. I kind of miss the power of my JIL4's when riding my 848 EC SE.

I say "kind of" because it doesn't go as fast on the straights. But it "feels" as though it is.

9. I don't get this to much power thing , It's all to do with how many °'s you twist the throttle surely , superbikes would get binned on every corner, hang on they don't ! why ? because the pilot only rides to his ability.
    As for the 899 , apart from being cheaper than the 11 and having a DS swinger its a 1199 in wet mode.

10. remains to be seen.
    bet it has nowhere near the claimed power
    only fools believe the hype

11. You mean they lie? :eek:

12. Isn't there a euro procedure for measuring/policing claimed power output from cars and bikes?

13. Not on here...:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yes, designed by the same guys who do the MPG tests :eek:

15. but its all kinda relative whether its 10 20 30, or 120 130 140 150.........there is a trend of increase in power ( matching the increase in cc) so the smaller bike "real world" argument cant apply any more........

16. Does anyone actually need more than 60bhp in the "real world"? Discuss.

17. [​IMG]

18. so where does this lookalikey fit in then?

19. yes. my perfect twin has just under 126bhp at the wheel, my perfect IL4 has just under 172bhp at the wheel.

60bhp is the perfect number for a single.

20. and if 60hp is enough why pish about with the 150 :rolleyes: hp one when you can have the 190:rolleyes: hp one........with all the proper spec bits....:wink:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information