1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 899 Panigale Prices?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by JonD, Oct 9, 2014.

1. I moved up from a 1098s
    The 1199 def has more power.
    Maybe the 1098 has a little more low down grunt. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. No I agree. I found going from the R1 to the 848 EC SE was a step down in power but after the initial shock it became my favourite road bike ever, as it was so involving and demanded you really ride it to get the most out of it.

Going from the 848 to the 899 was a huge step up in performance and handling. It is quite simply the best bike in the (real) world :)

3. Looked at at 899 today :Arghh: The stealer was a bit if an arse so may look at another

4. Look at another arse or bike!?:Mooning::D

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've always gone for the lower cc bike... 748 and 848... Like the idea of an 899 but too skint right now ( Unless I sell her indoors's car, which might get me into trouble...)

Not sure if I'd go for the 899 or its lighter easier to work on bigger capacity brother...

Anyone on here had a good session on both 899 and 1199 and can provide a brief comparison??

6. Dealer

7. Yeh I've had a decent time on both. 899 is easier to ride. 1199 wants to kill u.

8. Throttle works both ways ;)

9. Indeed it does. So what's the point if you can't use it?

10. You need to try both.

Whilst being basically a very similar set up chassis-wise, the engines are very different.

11. I can & I do ;-)

12. 899 a great bike ,better fueling more than enough power .
    1199 IMHO you will need to do something with the fueling to smooth it out ,I have fitted Termi end cans which as almost eliminated the surging at 4-5k.
    I had the suspension set up it was way to hard out the crate which was causing unwanted throttle inputs.
    Now the bikes great.im use to the throttle now and feed the power in with no drama,but if I want shake things up abit I can feed more in and make the ride as wild/fun as I want .
    For me the 1199 you will never get bored

13. If they did a 899s with the nice 1199s parts and spec id be up for that

• Like Like x 1
  14. It's a shame but it'll never happen because Ducati know it'll lure even more potential 1199 buyers into buying an 899S and even though it would probably cost something similar to a base 1199 it would take sales away from 1199 especially the 1199S at 5k more.

15. I agree with the 899 being the best bike.i went from 1098 to 899 and before that had several models of all the il4 1000s,at first I thought it was broke(when running in)but after the first service and ridden properly, you simply don't need anything more.its silly fast and very involving. simply the best bike ive had

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. so with risk of going seriously back on thread,, is £12k the av price for one ?

17. Theres some on ebay at £10500 .

18. I hope plod around Wolverhampton aren't reading this thread :)

19. tbh I don't think i would spend that amount unseen on ebay ..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information