1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 899 Panigale Prices?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by JonD, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Terry, yesterday I went to Italia Moto to look at the 1198s they have for sale because I really fancied the bugger, but John the salesman, who by the way is a very nice bloke, asked me if I had considered the 1198 series at all. My reply was of dinosaur proportions in that I explained the love I have for the 1098 series and will never change my mind.

What a wazzock I am. After looking more closely and hearing what was said and then hearing them run, gotta admit, I was smitten. Now I fancy the pants off one and that is before I have test rode it, which John said has to be done before my mind is to be made up.

There you go, I put my hands up. :Eggonface:

p.s. The S is gorgeous!

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Do it!

3. +1 :)

4. Bloody hell, talk about no pressure!:Kiss:

5. Have you bought one yet? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. He's dragging his heels :(

7. was in local bike shop last week, ABZ, 2 paginalis there,, mmm, as prices for s/h 899 maybe just attainable / justifiable I thot i'd go back and have another look,,, well both gone !,,,,,,,
    so yoo gorra b quikkk :Happy:

8. £7k, 14 bids,,,,,,,,,,,, its gonna go way up :Banghead:

9. I thought you weren't keen on Pani's Andy ?

10. Sorry was in a meeting.
    Has Andy bought one yet?

11. Hey Paul,
    I really am quite amazed at the development of the inner parts of my mind that actually kept saying "The 1098 series will never be usurped" Ha, but now it's saying "That 1199S is a fighter aircraft on two wheels" and very good looking with it too. I know, I know, never say never.

I feel as though I have been weighed, measured, and been found wanting!:cool:

12. They increased the price of the Panigale here by about 750 euro. Demand seems high.

ANyone got any figures on the TOTAL number of units the 899 has sold since built?

13. There Very fast & get dirtier the more u ride um !!! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. I hated the shape of a 1199 when i saw it in 2012. Said id keep my 848 forever blah blah blah. Dont ride a 1199 unless your buying as itll make your 1098 feel very old fashioned. Only 1098 id have now is a 1098R but the costs invloved make it unjustifiable

15. £7100 now w 16 bids,,,,,,,,,,, what do people think it will go to,, 6 days yet,,, I say £10k
    it does not seem to be top range one,, single res rear shock, no wires / tubes coming from fr forks, solid clutch cover, etc...

16. Presumably be plenty of ex-race bikes available soon with nice shiny bodywork so do not think I would risk buying secondhand unless I knew the seller

17. re they really that good as to make my 1098 feel old hat? I take it you have no regrets in your buying the Panni? Do you like it much more than your 848? Lots of silly questions I know but its got me thinking.

18. Damaged one on Copart. Cant tell of the forks are bent or not. I think its just been down on its right hand side tempted.com

Copart

19. That'll fetch 11k id guess for the 1199, and maybe 9k for the 899.

20. I loved my 848, and it took two test rides on a 1199 and one on a 899 to convince me to part with it. After riding the newer bikes i rode my 848 and it felt very hard work, slow, and old. It was a shame as i genuinely love that bike. If i hadnt of roade a new bike id of never swapped. I actually still love it more than the 1199 if im honest. Sometimes i miss the 848 ( i keep looking at it for sale to see if its old yet) , but the 1199 is just better in every single way. It makes going fast too easy and its a bike i can ride all day without issue. Its just a all round easier bike to live with. However i do miss the trellis frame lots. If i had a 848 like you and a 1098 id swap the 1098 for a 1199 and keep the 848.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information