1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

900 SS Build

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Stew, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Camcoat looks very good and it seems well priced too. Cheers.

I'm getting held up at the moment at the painting stage - waiting for painter to get some free time. Also, I've discovered my clutch slave cylinder is leaking, so that came off - the seal seems OK but it seems to have a bit of corrosion inside, will clean and try again. If it's a no go I'll probably get one of those Oberon bad boys.

As well as this, I think my gears could well be stuck on the shaft from sitting with no oil for a long period of time. I think this as I can't shift the bike into any other gear from neutral. Has anyone else had this issue? My plan is; Forget it just now, fill it with oil when the time comes to start it up, start the bike, see what a good bit of lubrication and heat does. I would be gutted if I had to split the engine!!

2. Stew, I wouldn't be too fussed about anything until that engine's fire up, only then can you get a fair idea of what you're dealing with and you can take it form there. The slave cylinders and their rebuild kit isn't a lot of money, but the oberon ones a crazy good and will make you think that your clutch isn't bleeding as they're so light by comparison!

3. cannot wait to see this finished

but loving the build piccys just as much ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks Sev - Yeah, just get her started and work from there. Hope for the best prepare, for the worst!!

Cheers Johnboy!

5. Cue copious amounts of backfires and swearing.....

• Like Like x 1
  6. my 600 always did that first start of the season.

7. Looking good Stew. Can't wait to see the finished bike.

Your build is being featured in the BikeBuilds.net
    directory here: Stew's 900 SS
    We’re currently displaying only a reduced-size photo (similar to what you’d find in Google
    Images). We'd like to ask for your permission to publish the original full-size image with your
    build listing.

If anyone would like to have a build of their own listed, just send me a message with a link to
    the build thread and we’ll take care of the rest.

Al

8. No problem @Albertus , fire away.

Quick build update; It's been an absolute nightmare trying to get near it over the last while, but I'm still determined to finish it and get riding next year!

Also, having seen someone mention Protwins, I gave them a shout and got replacement clutch slave cyl. seals, they just arrived a couple of days ago so I'm hoping to get one fitted v.soon (after I'm finished fitting new windows on the bloody house!) and get the clutch bled.

Funnily enough, the last time out on the 1098 the save cylinder seal went on that too!! Currently looking into this anti-rotating piston malarkee to stop it happening again. I've seen that Oberon do an anti-rotating unit to fit the updated push rod so might go down that route.

Cheers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information