1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

900sl Mk1 - 1992

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by WAH900ss, Oct 21, 2015.

1. agreed, so are they really MK1's?

2. I bet there's no more than 40 in the UK. All the ones I've seen over the years have been the same, just changing hands.

I'd love to know for sure. The 'How Many Left' website doesn't even list SL or Superlight.

Here's mine.....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. that's lovely, look after it. (iv'e never had much faith in the How many left site)

4. That, is about as nice a bike as you could ask for. How much? :smirk:

Agreed that website will not be very accurate.

5. I need £6k just had £700 service and new seat and mirrors, all from Ducati.

Have original seat and original open clutch cover..

Termis are pretty much like new, tyres 500 miles and done 17k miles.

I'm not desperate to sell but always would consider a good home and for it to be used.

6. Noooooooooooooooooooo! but why?
    so if I managed sell my two 900's (unlikely) and a kidney I still wouldn't have enough, keep it man for your own sanity if nothing else!:confounded:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I was honestly not expecting it to be for sale, I'd love to be in the position to buy it :( it looks like a good one.

8. Not wanting to detract from the air cooled charm but seriously guys, with prices touching the money being talked about here, wouldn't you rather have an 888?

9. Thanks for the comments, I think it's a good one and apart from stainless bolts it looks original. Cornerspeed said it was the nicest one he'd seen.

I guess I'm looking for that amount because I've just spent about £1200 on it and looking to recover that, next year I'll ( if I sell ) accept less. If anyone is interested let me know otherwise it will sit in the garage now until the spring and I'll reconsider.

10. £6500 was the price asked - I looked at the google cached page

11. Is the Superlight a better bike than the Supersport?

12. I won't be answering that one - they are all lovely :smileys: Thanks for the nameplate info @st3v3 I nearly had that yellow Superlight as the price was so low - I wonder if people wondered if there was a catch as he had to advertise it twice.

#52 Chris, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  13. No,
    Its desirable, more a collectors piece. The differences do not justify the price, however, if I had the money I would still love a clean, unmolested one!

14. Must admit I do like the yellow ones with white frames and carbon termis. Thing is I would have to bling it so I would be better off doing an SS custom conversion

15. Exactly!

16. Is this where you are going with yours?

17. Mines gonna be quite far from standard, but will have the single seat like the Superlight and high level SILs.

18. White frame?

19. I did consider, but no, its a 1993 and its now black. You seen the build thread?

20. Not yet. Will look now

Do Not Sell My Personal Information